Return pump?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Anyone ever use the bubble blaster return pumps? If so what do you think... What is the best return pump for a medium size tank. Internal.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Return pump?

Do you mean Water Blaster?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Return pump?

I want a super quiet pump with low power usage. I'll check the sicce as well. My mag 18 is a power house but a bit noisy for a living room and runs a bit warm in the summer.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
thanks Jamie, Those rlss pumps look super cool, only 40 watts of Dc current. Now I have even more to think about.
Charlie, I need a bit more flow than that, I am also running my reactor on the same pump and do rely on the flow in the main tank.

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
My Mag5 is too noisy for my bedroom, need to research more quiet ones this size too.

I just ordered two rio hyper flow 1290 for my skimmer and return pump I saw one working on my buddies fountain that he had running in his house and you can't hear it at all... At pet mountain they are only $68

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ehiem. Super pumps, lower wattage and very quiet. I like Quiet Ones, but they can draw some power too. I have a few quiet ones of varying sizes if you want to try some out... I can dig through my used-pump tub if you are interested.

A mag 9.5 is significantly lower in heat, noise and electricity than a mag 12 or 18... FYI.

Lots of pumps are quiet when new. The true test is in time...

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I just found a reef blaster 7000 on the evil empire. It was only 3 months old and I got it for 16o rather than 230 new. It is said to be super quiet, 1800 gph and inly 88 watts. I'll report how it is when I get it installed. Also, I'll have a mag 18 for sale. what is the going price for a used 18?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I use the water blaster 5000 and love it. Won't turn back.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Return pump?

09bumblebee;213617 said:
I use the water blaster 5000 and love it. Won't turn back.
Good to hear. I was goin to get the 5000 for the 120 but finding the 7000 used seemed like a good bet. It'll handle a larger tank when I upgrade as well. What size tank do you have?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;213618 said:
Good to hear. I was goin to get the 5000 for the 120 but finding the 7000 used seemed like a good bet. It'll handle a larger tank when I upgrade as well. What size tank do you have?
It's on my 90. The 7000 is a good choice for the 125

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Return pump?

I've had the water blaster for about a month now. The 7000 is rated for 1800 GNP just like the mag 18. It pushes much more water than the mag pump did. I don't know if it is under rated of the mag is under rated. I had to do a big adjustment to my herbie style overflow. Also, it is really silent! I never noticed my mp40 till I installed this pump. I have sense sold the 40 for a couple of tunze that I am also happy with. If anyone is looking for a moderate priced internal or external return don't hesitate to get a bubble blaster. IMHO