Rkl lite help

Got an Rkl lite its saying I need a sid to connect it to my comp to program and install new firmware any help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Rkl lite help

The SID is a USB cord that the My Reef software runs to update your system.

Sent from Earth

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member

I might have it let me check.

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
It should have been with the controller. You can set things up with the net controller, but i haven't tried to upload firmware though that window.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

You can borrow mine if you want. I'm off 470 and Broadway.

Aaron

Cyano
M.A.S.C Club Member
Great buy, you won't regret it as long as you're willing to take the time to learn them. Does the display say that? I've never had to update the firmware or hook either up to my computer and they work perfectly well. I have one older model and one brand new model. They changed the interface slightly about 2 years ago.

Here's what I do with my RKL (let me know if you want instructions on how to set it up):

-monitor temperature with the temperature probe and have an alarm set if the temperature goes below 72 and above 80F
-Turn off the heater if the temperature goes above 80F
-Control my 3 part dosing (Mg, Ca, KH); program them as if they were "lights"
-Monitor pH and have an alarm set below 7.8 and above 8.6

CRW Reef;240866 said:
You can borrow mine if you want. I'm off 470 and Broadway.
Thanks Chad I might have to take you up on it. Plus still want to get by your place and check out your tanks

kmellon;240864 said:
It should have been with the controller. You can set things up with the net controller, but i haven't tried to upload firmware though that window.
Ya I bought the unit used and didn't know what ask was supposed to go with it I think I want to get a net controller any ways just so I cab check things online

chswkt;240869 said:
Great buy, you won't regret it as long as you're willing to take the time to learn them. Does the display say that? I've never had to update the firmware or hook either up to my computer and they work perfectly well. I have one older model and one brand new model. They changed the interface slightly about 2 years ago.

Here's what I do with my RKL (let me know if you want instructions on how to set it up):

-monitor temperature with the temperature probe and have an alarm set if the temperature goes below 72 and above 80F
-Turn off the heater if the temperature goes above 80F
-Control my 3 part dosing (Mg, Ca, KH); program them as if they were "lights"
-Monitor pH and have an alarm set below 7.8 and above 8.6
Thats my biggest concern is learning it all, the guy I bought it from didn't have the manuel and guess I'm missing parts now as well great. I really would like to learn these because I have 4 other tanks in looking at getting one for

I got one without any type of hook up, i bet its in need of an update! let me know what ya find out :)

oh can the reef keeper lite use a ph probe? i thought it couldnt but would get one!!

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Manuals are on line for each module and the control head. BRS has a pretty good video about adding an RKL and they go over several options, settings, alarms, and controls. The basic stuff is easy and can be programmed from the control head. I set one up for simple heater, lights, and pump control. However, it is nice to sit back and do it from your laptop.

dakota1972;240876 said:
Thats my biggest concern is learning it all, the guy I bought it from didn't have the manuel and guess I'm missing parts now as well great. I really would like to learn these because I have 4 other tanks in looking at getting one for

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
PH is monitored by the SL1 module which has a BNC for both PH and ORP.

I also don't think there is anything that says you need to update the firmware on each item unless you are having a problem or if you know of some featuer that is part of a new firmware. As i recall, they recommend that you connect each module to the SID one at a time to complete each update seperately.

Ghxst;240885 said:
I got one without any type of hook up, i bet its in need of an update! let me know what ya find out :)

oh can the reef keeper lite use a ph probe? i thought it couldnt but would get one!!

Thanks for all the help guys ill let you know how it all turns out or if I need help

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Taggin along. :)
Got an RKL on the way with the NET module.
I am an computer geek by trade so I don't think I will have any problem getting it networked...
But the three-part dosing is new territory to me....