Say hello to my not so little friend... GIGAS CLAM

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Currently up to 120 ml calcium, 105 ml alkalinity and 230 ml magnesium per day. Running 2 apex DOS (1 head acts as my top off pump for my 90 on the second floor. Love not having to haul water up the stairs to fill the top off container any more.). I’m also dosing 15 ml phytoplankton for my small clams and gorgonians. Thinking about dosing strontium as well. I need to do more research on this, and it’s a pain to test.

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gonna get expensive dosing this thing should get a carx
Yeah I assumed that would be in my future. I probably won’t get one until next year. As long as I can get this dialed in for the next 6 month or so I’m good. Eagerly anticipating the bed Apex trident to help with testing (I would likely test 6-12x per day for the first few months to try to figure out consumption on a micro level, then switch to 2x daily once it is dialed in.). Also, going to be at MACNA, so maybe I can get Terrance to hook me up! Likely not, but worth a try.

JoshHill83

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I highly recommend "Giant Clams in the Sea and the Aquarium" by James Fatherree if you don't already have it. I think it's out of print, but can probably be found on ebay for not too crazy of a price.
Found this on bluezooaquatics.com for about $30. I appreciate the suggestion, as it was a good read and highly appropriate.