SCMAS Site down.......

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks like it was hacked. Google it and click on the link to the cached version. I was wondering what was going on with it myself.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I would text or PM Doyle aka Hooked SCMAS president for more deatils but unfortunately they were victim of a noob, rogue, random site picking hacker :( Far as I know though Doyle and John aka Romebaby have been working diligently to get things corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya they said something about it being hacked by someone and they have been working to restore it. They were hoping to have it back up soon

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Site was hacked, long story, even the hacker can't unhack it so godaddy is restoring it to a backup copy for a fee. We have reported the hackers PayPal address and other info to the FBI cyber crimes unit and they are currently investigating it.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Hopefully they catch him and make him pay restitution of some sort. Pretty sloppy hack job if it was able to be traced to an email or paypal address

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;318854 said:
Hopefully they catch him and make him pay restitution of some sort. Pretty sloppy hack job if it was able to be traced to an email or paypal address
I think he was trying to extort them (hence the account info). A real POS for sure. Hopefully they are caught and prosecuted.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
SkyShark;318857 said:
I think he was trying to extort them (hence the account info). A real POS for sure. Hopefully they are caught and prosecuted.
Exactly and all the vendors have lost sales from not being able to advertise

romebaby

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
What Levi said is pretty much correct. The restore is complete but there's something wonky with DB. Currently working with our hosting provider on this. We're still (hopefully) a few days out. Once I get the DB figured out I'll be doing a full backup, upgrade to 4.2.2, patches, then another backup before we're back online. I've got about 50 hours into this already, I'll have us back up as soon as I can folks.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
reefkoi;319054 said:
Dang it sucks these idiots target a site ran by volunteers for the love of a hobby, what a life they must live
Definitely bad carma! They are going to hell for sure. Or at least jail. :)