Sexy Shrimp?

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was pondering the thought of adding some sexy shrimp to my reef tank. How many should I add and what are some pros/cons to having them?

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have 5 in my 90 nothing bothers them. They host my mini maxi carpets. It's really cool. Get them a big mushroom like a Yuma mushroom and they will host that. Haven't seen any cons at all they are really cool and everyone loss them.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride said:
You can breed them, like Eric on SCMAS

Sent using Forum Runner
It's quit the job from what I've read though I have 2 females and you can see when they are pregnant but never see anything after.

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
How many sexy shrimp should I add to a 40 gallon breeder? They are so cute I was watching them at the fish store and fell in love (of course those shrimps were already sold)

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
A lot. Probably 20 or so at least.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
cdrewferd said:
A lot. Probably 20 or so at least.

Drew

20 why so many that's crazy. 4-5 they just feed off leftover food.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
09bumblebee;185598 said:
I have 5 in my 90 nothing bothers them. They host my mini maxi carpets. It's really cool. Get them a big mushroom like a Yuma mushroom and they will host that. Haven't seen any cons at all they are really cool and everyone loss them.
Brian's are pretty cool definitely!

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;185746 said:
Brian's are pretty cool definitely!
Are Brian's for sale? I was thinking maybe doing 4 or 5. 20 sounds like a whole colony of shrimp! I already have a coral banded shrimp and she just keeps to herself :frog:

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was just saying how many you could do, not how many you'd want to do. I'd be careful, the coral banded might go after them since they are so much smaller.

Drew

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far from monitoring the coral banded she seems to keep to herself and not bother the pom pom or any hermies. Good to know I could just keep a tank of sexy shrimp and have about 20 ;)

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
LittleCrabby101 said:
So far from monitoring the coral banded she seems to keep to herself and not bother the pom pom or any hermies. Good to know I could just keep a tank of sexy shrimp and have about 20 ;)
They are incredibly fast. No way I could ever catch them if I wanted to. I have 4 wrasses that technically eat them and they are to fast for the wrasses. You will be fine. Do 4 the females are smaller than the males.