Shy pepermint shrimp

Granted it's only been two days, but my 3 new ones are hiding behind rocks and I have aipastia growing in obscene numbers. Thoughts? I don't want to supplemental feed them too much, but even when I've done a bit of pellets they still hide out. The mom.

Famous last words, one came out a little tonight. But, please tell my daughter the bristleworms are not going to eat them. It's bed time and she's in tears convinced that's why we couldn't find them earlier.

gh0st

Cleaner Shrimp
Agreed, feed normally for a couple of days while they get settled, then don't feed at all for a couple of days and watch aptasia mysteriously vanish every night.

They can also be pretty shy little fellas. I've got a couple in my home tank, and I think they make an appearance every week or two, and then return to seclusion until the next visit

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
I never see mine they always hide till night lol

Don't show her this pic then lol

Little hard to see but it's a pep getting eaten by bristles

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
ChrisB;92241 said:
I never see mine they always hide till night lol

Don't show her this pic then lol

Little hard to see but it's a pep getting eaten by bristles
Proof! xD

Oh S. She almost read the post and then the phone rang. At least it's earlier than last night. My sense is she thinks the peppermint are going to be like our cleaner shrimp, "Larry." We're still morning him...

ChrisB

Butterfly Fish
emilyolivia;92395 said:
Oh S. She almost read the post and then the phone rang. At least it's earlier than last night. My sense is she thinks the peppermint are going to be like our cleaner shrimp, "Larry." We're still morning him...
Oh no that would have been bad

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm sure the bristelworms won't eat the peppermint straight out. That (in the picture) peppermint was probably already dead or dying.