Sick Engineer

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
So one of my engineers has been sick for sometime now and running out of ideas to help him

It started like 6 weeks ago or so, and he suddenly was wandering around the big tank aimlessly. At first I didnt think much of it but after him being out of his burrow for a few days and wandering the tank I began to worry. I left him in the tank at the time and just kept an eye on him. Over the next week or so he started to dvelop some fin rot and wasn't looking all that good. He was noticeably weak too and I had to rescue him from the pump intakes a couple times, after which I moved him to the qt tank.

Once in the qt tank I started him on Melafix. Which did seem to help some at first, but even after a full 2 weeks of treatment with that, he was still not looking like he was healing at all. He wasn't mindlessly wandering around the tank anymore and seemed a bit stronger, but his tail still continued to show red soars, and still wasn't eating at all.

After Melafix I tried some Kannaplex and he has been in that for the last 6 days now, but that didnt seem to help him at all. Tail still very red, and he has zero response to food being placed directly in front of him. He has a bit of white blotchy ness on his sides and head too.

Any thoughts on other treatments that might help here?

Glass is kind of dirty on the qt tank but hopefully you can see it clear enough. If not I can take more pics too.
View attachment 19868 View attachment 19867

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I would try nitrofurazone green it is by go to antibiotic now

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I would try nitrofurazone green it is by go to antibiotic now
Any place locally that carries that by chance? or where do you buy it from?

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yep that stuff I got mine from ebay but should be fine as well

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
rgr that. Thanks. I'll order some

Stithe

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have some in Ft Collins I believe if you need it sooner. (I'll have to double check when I get home, but 99% sure I have it)

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
I have some in Ft Collins I believe if you need it sooner. (I'll have to double check when I get home, but 99% sure I have it)
Thanks, Ill keep it in mind. I ordered that one last night and they shipped it promptly this morning, so hopefully wont be to long.