Single head doser recommendations

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Needs to be wifi. Jebao doser 3.1? Kamoer x1 pro2? Something else?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just get the 4channel jebao you’ll need em eventually :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, typically that would make sense. However I downsized quite a few years ago and won't have anything bigger than my 9 gallon and I was just trying to find it easy way to dose my tropic Marin all for reef. So I will take this as one vote for jabeo!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
The Kamoers are pretty decent pumps, so I would likely go with one of those. I personally will never put another Jebao cheap knock off on my tanks, especially for something that can have the potential to crash the tank. I know their price point is very attractive but a dosing pump is one of those items that can easily crash a tank, especially smaller tanks, so I would go with something that is going to be more reliable and has better precision. This is certainly one of those items that you get what you pay for

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Kamoers are pretty decent pumps, so I would likely go with one of those. I personally will never put another Jebao cheap knock off on my tanks, especially for something that can have the potential to crash the tank. I know their price point is very attractive but a dosing pump is one of those items that can easily crash a tank, especially smaller tanks, so I would go with something that is going to be more reliable and has better precision. This is certainly one of those items that you get what you pay for
Totally agree Syn. But I had heard that the Kamoers had some issues with rebooting and forgetting their program. That seems problematic as well.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya I havent used one of their wifi version, so cant say on those. I have used one of their peristaltic and it worked pretty good.
Personally though if I am going to buy a dosing pump I likely would choose either a Bubble Magus or a GHL. Don't think GHL makes a single pump though, but both of those brand have a long history of being quality products that are very reliable

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Agree. My old one for my big tank was a BM. BM does make the TS1 single head doser. That might be the way to go. No wifi but it has a built in scheduler.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Checked in with BRS. They recommended the Kamoer. Said the reliability was about the same but that getting the warranty if necessary would be easier from coralvue

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Checked in with BRS. They recommended the Kamoer. Said the reliability was about the same but that getting the warranty if necessary would be easier from coralvue

Don't trust anything BRS says. All their recommendations are paid and driven by the manufacturer. They arent true recommendations imo. They have even gotten worse in the last year or so and their prices have been climbing. Easy to find anything on there somewhere else for cheaper now days