Snorkeling in the Bahamas

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
In 2012 my husband Steve and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas. On one of our shore excursions, we went snorkeling. It was quite an experience. There's nothing like visiting the fishes in their natural environment. I was a little disappointed that this reef did not have brighter colored corals. Perhaps, next time we go, we will do a little more research, and pick something more along those lines. Either way, we enjoyed our outing. I would love to see pictures of your snorkeling/scuba diving excursions.

View attachment 19387 View attachment 19388 View attachment 19389 View attachment 19390 View attachment 19391 View attachment 19392 View attachment 19393 View attachment 19394 View attachment 19395 View attachment 19396 View attachment 19397 View attachment 19398

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Go to hawaii for snorkeling. My brother said the bahamas is no comparison to there.

You might be an engineer if...You have no life, and you can PROVE it mathematically.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Better yet - Bonaire. Or Cabo Pulmo in Baja. World class snorkeling/diving in both spots.

Couple of pics from my open water certification dive in Cabo Pulmo in Feb.

Last edited by a moderator:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Looks like fun, and always fun to swim with the fishes in their natural enviro. But ya most coral reefs are very beautiful but many dont appear to have the vibrant colors that we see in our tanks, mostly because of the lights we put on them, no less impressive though

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow, those are some pretty amazing shots. Looks like you had a great dive.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thanks for all the tips on place to go. I will remember them when we plan our next sand and sun vacation. This year we're going to Peru to see Macchu Picchu.

opakapaka

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kind of camera did you use for those shots?

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
opakapaka;310364 said:
What kind of camera did you use for those shots?
One of those underwater film disposables. I didn't want to spend big bucks on a waterproof camera, if snorkeling turned out to be something I didn't like. The disposable did ok, but it was pretty tough to be selective on shots, when I'm used to taking 10 to get the shot with my DSL or phone camera. What do you use?

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
So, Nice surprise ... since we had an 8 hour layover in Ft. Lauderdale on our way to Peru, we took the opportunity to rent some snorkel gear from Deep Blue Dive shop to do some snorkeling. Apparently Lauderdale by the Sea has the closest coral shelf in that area. Close enough to swim out from shore. What a fun way to start out our vacation. Much better than sitting in the airport for 8 hours. By the way Machu Picchu was Amazing!

[attachment=67539:name]

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member