SRS Ideas, resources, offers, anything?

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hi there MASC! So this is less a job offer, or request, more an internship so I am not sure if it really belongs in this section, but any way here we go!

So SRS is also known as Science Research Seminar, is a program that allows HIGHSCHOOL students the opportunity to become interns in any field to the Advanced Placement program (AP) they have taken or are taking. As for me I have taken AP chemistry, and right now I am taking AP biology and Calculus AB. The research said student partakes in then is submitted as a science fair project in the Roche Region Science Fair, and also a research paper for a highschool based research journal. Students grades are based on showing up to the lab or other location their mentor/ professor is located, the writing they do for the project, their project for the science fair, and the research paper. If you want more info you can check out this website http://www.bvsd.org/researchseminar/Pages/default.aspx

As part of this process the student has to find a mentor/ professor to do research with on their own. For me I have been cold calling professors at CU off the EBio website, and emailing those who prefer it, and thus far I have had no luck. I was seeing if any one on there would happen to be doing research and would like an intern, know of some one who does, or possibly knows any labs in the boulder-valley/ metro-denver areas. I was thinking of continuing search at CU and NOAA but out side of that I would appreciate any advice and/or help. As for the subjects I want to do, mostly anything Biology based, aquatic and forestry prefered. If you want more info/ details please note me, and I and/or the head of SRS at my school can answer any of your questions. Thank you for the help!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Have you contacted any companies? I know Array Biobiopharma is located in Boulder and Longmont.

Mckibbonator

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;264252 said:
Have you contacted any companies? I know Array Biobiopharma is located in Boulder and Longmont.
Thanks i shall look them up! the only problem with private componies is they often don't want their research made public for patent reasons and what not, but past SRS students have done them so I can alway try, thank you.