Sump time...

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hey guys...
Looks like I am finally unstuck on my build.
Time to start thinking about a sump.

What approximately do you guys charge for about a 50 gallon standard sump made of your standard .25" acrylic?

Thanks
Dave

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Fluids standard is like comparing a corvette to a Yugo. So much thought put into the design and function, you won't be disappointed in buying from them sump or anything.

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
Hey Dave...
Thanks a lot for the line.
Ahhhhh the Cadillac of our line ;) Love the big sump that we build. I run the sump on my 180 and it completely rocks. The sump measures 42 x 18 x 18. It is a real beauty. One is set up and running at our place. You are more than welcome to swing by and check it out. Retail on the beast is $599. Don't forget to apply your MASC discount.
Thanks a lot for checking.

SquidBreath;318802 said:
Hey guys...
Looks like I am finally unstuck on my build.
Time to start thinking about a sump.

What approximately do you guys charge for about a 50 gallon standard sump made of your standard .25" acrylic?

Thanks
Dave

FluidDesigners

Platinum Sponsors
Platinum Sponsor
Levi...
Such an awesome comparison. Totally cracked me up! Thanks a lot!

LeviK;318814 said:
Fluids standard is like comparing a corvette to a Yugo. So much thought put into the design and function, you won't be disappointed in buying from them sump or anything.

SquidBreath

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Would anyone have a pic of one of these? Would love to see it.
Also...what is the availability for thicker than 1/4 inch material. Was thinking 9mm.
Looking to make this my last sump.

Mccoc033

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Sump time...

Here is a pic of mine

I'll try to get a better one for you tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
charleshardy5;318927 said:
Kmellon has a nice sump he git from fluid designers... Mayhaps pictures are in order
Sorry, I have the ATO reservoir and i'm currently running an Aqueon Proflex 4 sump. Love my sump but have to admit that the fluid units are sweeeeeet. I do have another proflex 4 for sale here http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?24317-Aqueon-Proflex-4-Sump-for-sale it has a crack on the top that isn't structural and could be glued easily. I just don't have the glue or a need for a second sump.

kmellon;319022 said:
Sorry, I have the ATO reservoir and i'm currently running an Aqueon Proflex 4 sump. Love my sump but have to admit that the fluid units are sweeeeeet. I do have another proflex 4 for sale here http://www.marinecolorado.org/forums/showthread.php?24317-Aqueon-Proflex-4-Sump-for-sale it has a crack on the top that isn't structural and could be glued easily. I just don't have the glue or a need for a second sump.

wewps, my bad homie haha gotta get my stuff straight

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
No worries. I bought my Aqueon sump before fluid was around. It's been running for over a year now and It works great. I swap out the three socks every other week and the bubble traps keep the bubbles and extra macro from making it into the return section.