Sunburst vs rbta

mikejrice

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;298915 said:
I think that your story of how Ki got the O.G sunburst is way off, hitchhiker on Fl live rock lol
Rose bubble tips turn into sunbursts when they're in the Atlantic.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
They came from a wholesaler in L.A

Ki and Patrick drove out there and cherry picked corals. that is where they found it

if he told you any different, he is just having a little fun and testing what you really know at the same time lol

Last edited by a moderator:

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
jgonzz;298921 said:
They came from a wholesaler in L.A

Ki and Patrick drove out there and cherry picked corals. that is where they found it

if he told you any different, he is just having a little fun and testing what you really know at the same time lol
So he's a liar.

scchase

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
Yea Ki's a liar but a tongue in cheek one. I saw the first Sunburst more than 10 years ago maybe even 13 or so when they first got it in and having seen them for so long I can say for sure they morph.. a lot. Beyond that you all are giving me a damn headache. Just because people sell stuff on this forum at lower prices doesn't mean squat. I routinly sale high end SPS that I have bought from original sources for well below what I paid for them but that doesn't make them any less legit.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
They turn electric blue with yellow lightning bolts up the tentacles (or testicles) if you acclimate them in a freshwater planted tank under 6.5K bulbs.

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wait! I though that Motor City was a hitchhiker on some lace rock that was collected by Ted Nugent in the The Great Salt Lake of Utah? If not, I don't want it anymore.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
mikejrice;298929 said:
Doesn't hold a candle to what they're doing near the thermal vents!

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk
It to bad we cant make thermal vent fish tanks, some of the critters that live on those are crazy and would make a crazy addition to a livingroom lol

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Don't tell anyone...but I released one into hanging lake last summer...I'm gonna go dive and check out the morph once the lake thaws out.

jgonzz

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
jda123;298931 said:
Wait! I though that Motor City was a hitchhiker on some lace rock that was collected by Ted Nugent in the The Great Salt Lake of Utah? If not, I don't want it anymore.
while it is true that Terrible Ted did shoot this with a bow, only a minor flesh wound of course.
it was not the Great Salt Lake. I was the great lakes.

bring it back if you feel I mislead you in anyway Doug ;)

Jeremiah

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;298902 said:
Jeremiah....I know for a fact, without going into detail, that you have the same lineage of nem as me. I think it is very telling that you have shown pics and described the nem to Ki, who would be the foremost authority on this topic, and he believes it is a Sunburst. I think that would end all conversation, but what does he know right? ;)
Thanks for the information...

I totally trust Kai with the ID...the problem was that I had a TERRIBLE cell phone picture. I was more concerned with the fact that my picture was pathetic. Not really fair to hand someone a bad picture and trust that they can give you a positive ID. Was basically saying that Kai said yes mine was a sunburst, with a bad picture and me saying it doesn't have the yellow tips. If mine is not a sunburst don't blame Kai for the Misidentification - blame me and my terrible picture.

He did mention that with good lighting/chemistry and time they would most likely develop the yellow tips. Like you said they all look different in each of your tanks. (different chemistry)

Thanks agin...

EDIT: Just to clear things up, my first anemone is not a sunburst. After seeing quite a few in person and finally getting a true "sunburst" from Keys Island and putting it in the same lighting next to mine. WOW

Last edited by a moderator: