Tampa bay live rock

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Has any one here ordered from them?

Where you happy with what you got?

How do you deal with unwanted critters?

I assume I could dip in fresh water for just a minute to get out the bad crabs and shrimp but would that kill al the other good stuff

Any other ideas on what can be done to get rid of just the bad things. With the size of the tank it's going in manual removal will be impossible as tank is way to deep and wide.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
what kind of prices we talking here? also maybe I am a scaredy cat, but sure would be concerned about hitchhikers

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
what kind of prices we talking here? also maybe I am a scaredy cat, but sure would be concerned about hitchhikers
Still contemplating an order it depends on if I have enough rock to fill the beast.

On side noted I never worry about hitchhikers because no matter how hard you try your gonna end up with something you dont want in your system and have to deal with it. Also if your afraid of certain things you can always to a freshwater dip and it will drive out all the crabs and mantis shrimp and stuff like that yet leave bacteria alive.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

scmountain

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
B.O.D. Member-at-Large
I am at the rock stage now, keep me in the loop about prices

Crabs and shrimp could be cool, I guess it is the unknown that my rookie self is nervous about.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya, the best rock comes packed with lots of life, and is the best because it comes packed with tons of life ;)

ill be needing 75 pounds but i wont be doing that for 2 months or so.i need about 150 pounds total but im just going to add base with 75 and let it brew in a pond pull with a skimmer and heater in salt water for 6 months...and seing as thats like 1000 bucks i wouldnt do it unless if my name was also on the orderslip.ya what the hell 9 bucks a pound?it was 6 last year....thats just crazy...we need to find a deal in state.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
ill be needing 75 pounds but i wont be doing that for 2 months or so.i need about 150 pounds total but im just going to add base with 75 and let it brew in a pond pull with a skimmer and heater in salt water for 6 months...and seing as thats like 1000 bucks i wouldnt do it unless if my name was also on the orderslip.ya what the hell 9 bucks a pound?it was 6 last year....thats just crazy...we need to find a deal in state.
I do have some live rock that has been sitting in a curing tank for many years. So its all cured and ready to go. Was left over from my build and never got around to getting rid of it. Youre welcome to come pick through it when you are ready for it. Been doing it at $3 a pound

Well Hot dog ..how many pounds you think you have?is this from DYS molded rock or was it base rock...at the moment i need to grab Protien skimmer to Take it off youre hands oh think i have salt..so hmm think i have a refracter and a heater...Ya if i add that to tampabays primo to seed it and a few vials of LIVE Coralline Algae..im a bit poor (and have a liver problem ...ill need a month or 2...so sell it if it comes up otherwise ya cool.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Not sure how much is in there still, maybe about 50-75 lbs or so. I know there is one large piece that was part of an arch I was going to put in my tank but ended up not using. Most of it is base rock, although its all pretty well seeded and ready to go. Havent been actively trying to sell it so it will likely be here when you need it, just let me know.

i will do that ya im going to get all the rock brewin...i need to decide if i want to get a protien skimmer that i can hook up to one of those gold fish ponds i have.or maybe go with a cannister filter id use on a Quarantine after the rock.Then what a Heater?Ya im Jonsin,,wish the prices didnt go nutz!

Tampa Bay Rock is so very good. I cured mine in a 100 gallon rubbermaid stock tank with a heater, circ pumps and a skimmer. The rock has a ton of life on it. In my batch there were 3 bivalves all still alive 6 months later and a few corals including a brain coral.