The Chaeto Thread

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I like to keep my nitrate around 3-5ppm. When it gets lower than that I dont have a buffer to keep my macros alive and they can potentially start dying causing problems. If it gets above 5ppm it start to tick off my sps. This is the balancing act I have with keeping a macro algae with a mixed reef.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
hmmmmmm, I may be able to stop by tomorrow afternoon.
I'll talk with the wife. I could drop off the corals you wanted if that's possible.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Gale that would be so awesome, if not I will still hold some for you and give it to you at the swap meet. I can take the corals and give you yours as well.

Zooid

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cool. I'll see what I can do.....I have a doctor's appointment around 10:30am....don't know how long that will take...doh!

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I wish I could keep gracillaria. Every time I put a starter in it gets swarmed and eaten by all the little herbivores within 24 hours. It never makes it to the tangs.

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I need a few hand fulls of Cheato or something similar for the couple of new tanks im setting up! Willing to pay if need be... Let me know ASAP, as friday i'll buy some from Great White.

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have some cheato if anyone wants some:

It's been a couple of weeks since I took that and it's pretty much completely filled that half of the 90 gal. Warning: I do have aiptasia. And it's mixed with caulerpa and a little red kelp.

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a huge chunk of chaeto if anyone wants, its full of amphipods and copepods. Must pickup by wednesday in Littleton or it gets thrown out.

Cherub

Hey you
M.A.S.C Club Member
djkms;91332 said:
Sure, I am available after 6pm. PM me for my address is you want to stop by.
Thanks again for the chaeto! Also for letting me use that book. Very generous I appreciate it.

blake41

Cleaner Shrimp
I'm looking for some Chaeto. If anyone has some they are willing to part with in the Lakewood, Littleton, Highlands Ranch area let me know. Thanks.