Tunze OR Vortech?

Justin144

Butterfly Fish
I need another power head and I' looking to get either a Tunze Turbelle stream or a Vortech MP10.
whats your guys opinion and experience with these two? Which one is better overall?
I'm leaning toward the vortech cause the sleekness but idk if its enough flow. Its a 4ft tank, would MP10 be enough?
I don't wanna spend that much for an Mp40 lol.

Thanks!

andyrm66

Butterfly Fish
I've got 2 6095's in my 36x36x20 cube, its a lot of flow @100%, normally there run between 30 and 65%. 6095 have the wide flow pattern.

09bumblebee

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
andyrm66;235775 said:
I've got 2 6095's in my 36x36x20 cube, its a lot of flow @100%, normally there run between 30 and 65%. 6095 have the wide flow pattern.
This is what I run on my 90 as well excellent pumps

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
If this is what you want, vortech v tunze, I had one mp40 rocking my 120. I placed it high on one side so that it would blow water across the top half of the tank, it then created an undertow in the bottom half of the tank. I prefer ecotech products because of the footprint inside the tank.

that0neguy1126

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
I would vote MP40. I think the control is a little nicer and the modes are better.

Also there is a lot to say about the small footprint and having the pump on the outside of the tank. However, I doubt you would be "unhappy" with the Tunze as well. An MP10 would be too small for that tank though.

On a side note, check out the WP40. The performance of a Tunze at the cost of 1/4 of one.