djkms Ocean Adventure (detail, picture intensive)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Punjab;107540 said:
Very impressive! I bet it's even better in person.
Thanks. Its actually a mess right now. I am dealing with another nutrient spike (I think my jawfish died :( )... Nitrates shot up to 35ppt from 0, however phosphate has been stable at .06 for the last couple of months, even with the spike, I assume thats a fish death? Then I did my weekly test and my alkalinity was at 7.1 when it usually is between 9-10. So I checked my sump and sure enough my effluent from my CA reactor was not dripping. So now I am slowly bringing that back up.

In the meantime I am getting tons of cyano and this brown algae coating everything. Its almost like a brown hair algae. As soon as I can get my nitrate down to a acceptable level I plan on doing another 3 days lights out to combat these nuisances.

By far the most challenging system I have ever dealt with, its fun though, for the most part!

On a brighter note I should be taking home my Flame Angel pair from Premier this Friday! They have been in quarantine for about a month or so.

btw if you or anyone ever wants to come by and see the system my door is always open to fellow reefers :)

djkms

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
SteveT;111812 said:
I'd take any excuse to come by and see it in person. I have a few various frags growing out, I could send you some pics if you wanna do a trade
My house is always open to MASC members if you want to come by and check it out. Just let me know a day and time you would like to stop by. I work m-f 9-5 so anytime outside of that works for me usually. If you want to send pics my email is djkms1 at gmail.

Heffe01

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wow...do you need a sump with all the macros? What do you keep in there...frags? The tank should be clean as all hell with all that plant life to eat the nutrients. Awsome job...i would love to check it out sometime.