MuralReef 360 Classroom Tank

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
do you have a backflow siphon stopper? I actually installed one on my 180 and use a 55g as the sump, when the power shuts off my 55 only rises by about 4-5 gallons... if that. and when the power kicks back on, theres water in the return line anyway so it doesnt have to pump out air.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
PlumCrazy;259394 said:
do you have a backflow siphon stopper? I actually installed one on my 180 and use a 55g as the sump, when the power shuts off my 55 only rises by about 4-5 gallons... if that. and when the power kicks back on, theres water in the return line anyway so it doesnt have to pump out air.
No where can I get one of those? My sump is huge so I not worried it would over flow.

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think ace hardware sells them. It's a black tubing with clamps on both ends. Even if the sumps huge. Still nice to have as a just in case ya know? I think it ran me like maybe 8-10 bucks?

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Maybe at some point but for now I need to take a break and enjoy the tank.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Tank looks sweeeeet Mike !!!!!!!!

I have a huge Devils Hand you can have if you would like. I think it would be a great addition to your tank as its has a great presence because of size and movement. Let me know if you are interested.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
CRW Reef;259716 said:
Tank looks sweeeeet Mike !!!!!!!!

I have a huge Devils Hand you can have if you would like. I think it would be a great addition to your tank as its has a great presence because of size and movement. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks Chad! I can't wait to start adding livestock. The devils hand would be very cool thanks for the offer. Could I wait a week or two while I make sure everything is stable. I couldn't believe how clear the tank is just after 48 hours but I don't want to rush.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
MuralReef;259781 said:
Thanks Chad! I can't wait to start adding livestock. The devils hand would be very cool thanks for the offer. Could I wait a week or two while I make sure everything is stable. I couldn't believe how clear the tank is just after 48 hours but I don't want to rush.
Yep no worries man just let me know when it ready and well figure it out. I may also have a soccerball sized green finger leather if you wanted another bigger sized awesome soft coral.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So I tested the water today and I am running clean. ZERO nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia! How long should I wait to see if I get any die off from the transition? I am itching to add more livestock. The only loss was an ocellaris that jumped out of the holding tank and did his best potato chip impersonation! Corals look better than before the transfer.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Andrew_bram;260362 said:
Have you added bacteria
So here is what I did. I reused all of my live rock. I added a lot of the old sand as a layer on top of the new sand to prevent it from throwing too much dust even though I rinsed it. I have been adding stability daily since Sunday, but everything looks good. Even phosphates are at zero.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Thought the tank was cloudy until cleaned the glass. No film now things are looking up.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
CRW Reef;260145 said:
Yep no worries man just let me know when it ready and well figure it out. I may also have a soccerball sized green finger leather if you wanted another bigger sized awesome soft coral.

Are you around tomorrow morning? I felt after testing the water I should be okay. Picking up a few corals from Mike tomorrow. Let me know.