Quest Library 180 gallon Gorgonian/Caribbean Biotope Build

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Thanks guys! I don't think I'll have any leaks. Since I discovered the Teflon paste everything I've used it on has been leak free. We will see on Monday.

Where did you find those true unions with the screw mounts?

Everything looks very well planned out and clean. That should be a very interesting system to see in action once it's full of livestock.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So far so good the 40 is full and started to drain into the sump. The bulkhead in the sump leaked but a little tightening and it stopped. 180 is about 1/3 full. View attachment 23971

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I need to figure out how to get 240 gallons give or take to the tank. That's a lot of trips 20 gallons at a time across the whole school.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Chain up some garden hoses and pump it in with a sump pump.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
zombie;354036 said:
Chain up some garden hoses and pump it in with a sump pump.
Sorry. I have a hose running tap for the leak test. I'm thinking about salt water for the initial fill.

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I hate fish tanks!!!

40 breeder's bulkhead was leaking so I tightened it up and the glass cracked!!

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
MuralReef;354037 said:
Sorry. I have a hose running tap for the leak test. I'm thinking about salt water for the initial fill.
That's where the sump pump comes in. Make a giant barrel (or many smaller barrels) of saltwater and use the utility pump to pump the saltwater through the hose(s)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oooo nice. I'm sure all your students will be excited to see the progress when they start back to school.