120g rebuild reef tank from hung tran

Fortunate, 10 years ago I went to my coworker house for the first time and see the salt water fish tank for the first time and I got hook to the colorful of the salt water fishes. His system back then so simple. Just canister filter and the neon light. I was use rise to fresh water fish for long time and very good at it. And when saw the system was so similar to the freshwater, I decided to switch to saltwater. And I bought the first tank was 150g with canister filter. And neon light. I can rise some of demsels and clown fish. After do more research I upgrade to refugium and change to metal halide light. I can rise some soft and hard corals. Then sudden my tank crack mid of 2014. Unfortunate I safe most of my fish but all the coral was gone. I decide to rebuild but smaller tank, go for 120g with 2 over flow that I got from member of this forum. My decision to post on this forum to have feed back and other people experience and discussion how to make more efficiency way.

The main problem I am not rebuild the tank earlier because of the floor, I want old carpet gone and put in hardwood or laminate.

I go with laminate 12mm thick. Because laminate more scratch resistance.

halmus

Registered Users
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Beautiful floors. My last tank was a 120 with dual overflows. It's a nice sized tank. Not too big. Not too small. It's easier to maintain water parameters with a tank that size and still not break the bank. Looking forward to the progress.

Tran_Hung;351978 said:
Fortunate, 10 years ago I went to my coworker house for the first time and see the salt water fish tank for the first time and I got hook to the colorful of the salt water fishes. His system back then so simple. Just canister filter and the neon light. I was use rise to fresh water fish for long time and very good at it. And when saw the system was so similar to the freshwater, I decided to switch to saltwater. And I bought the first tank was 150g with canister filter. And neon light. I can rise some of demsels and clown fish. After do more research I upgrade to refugium and change to metal halide light. I can rise some soft and hard corals. Then sudden my tank crack mid of 2014. Unfortunate I safe most of my fish but all the coral was gone. I decide to rebuild but smaller tank, go for 120g with 2 over flow that I got from member of this forum. My decision to post on this forum to have feed back and other people experience and discussion how to make more efficiency way.

The main problem I am not rebuild the tank earlier because of the floor, I want old carpet gone and put in hardwood or laminate.

I go with laminate 12mm thick. Because laminate more scratch resistance.

Thanks, Halmus
My old tank was 150g the deep only 18" every time the kid jump on the floor the tank is sake a lot. This one foot print is 24x48. The old tank was 18"x 72"

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Very Nice!

I have 40 g sum , awaki pump, Asm1x skimmer ( this is the backup skimmer) , the main skimmer was EUROREEF 180 been repair. RO refill float valse and solenoid run 30" everyday to refill freshwater.