125 In wall... Got her all tied up.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I started this build before i actually joined this forum and finally finished all the little things on the main room. I figured i would post some pics and open myself to constructive advice. Everything seems to be working right along and all my corals have been doing great (other than my bubble). The display is a 125 with dual overflow made by GlassHoles.com, i have a 40 breeder custom built sump and a 60gal refugium with about 120lbs of live rock. I also have a 40breeder QT tank and a 35gal tank running vinigar to clean power heads, i dislike my power heads being dirty lol. So yea let me know what you think.

Livestock:
Sohal Tang
Tomini Tang
Yellow Tang
Pink Athia
Black perc clown
Reg perc clown
Scissor fish
Diamond goby

Inverts/corals
sand siffting star
Large frogspawn (size of a basketball when fully opened)
small Frogspawn
Large purple monti cap
Medium red monti cap
Medium green slimmer
Smaller green slimmer
Green/pruple acro
Large Red acan Lord
Large Blue and Green acan
Medium green candy
small purple candy
Large blue candy
green/blue/red zoa (terrible w/ names)
Bright red Zoa
Dark blue Zoa
Bright blue zoa (one head lol)
Green Duncan
Bright green polyps (grow way to fast)
Tan Kenya tree
white/transparent xiena
purple pulsing xiena (ACA WEED)
Four small GBTA's soon to be DBTC
Green birdsnest
tan/brown birdsnest
Large unkown nem (first ever nem bout two years ago)
Finger leather
two small tounge corals
tan polypls
Green Digitalis
orange Digitalis (Coming soon)

and my favorites (my babies)
Large red and green open brain
Large Bright green open brain (thanks zooid)

Thank to many of your insightful advice this tank has so far been VERY successful

tlsrcs

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Your set up is Amazing! I like how you have all the madness so organized in there.....oh and the simplicity of your rock work!

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That has to be the coolest picture ever... That fish room looks killer...

Nice build.

bsharpe

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Really great looking, I think I am going to put one a in wall in my basement office. I might need your advice.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hoosier Daddy;142466 said:
Looking good. Have you thought about painting the sides and the back to make everything pop?
I have, I really want to but have not come up with a good way of doing it yet. I service the tank from the back so I can't just paint it otherwise its going to make it even harder to maintain. My only other idea is to build panels out of acrylic that I could remove when needed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I was going to say you should build some cheap panels. You can make the side ones stay put unless you really need to move them and make the back one come off super easy.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ShelbyJK500;142417 said:
Seriously awesome!! Looks like a picture frame to another world...love it. Serious fish room as well, diggin' your build!
That was my whole goal to look like a picture on the wall

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
tlsrcs;142418 said:
Your set up is Amazing! I like how you have all the madness so organized in there.....on h and the simplicity of your rock work!
Yea space makes it easy to organize

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
KhensuRa;142553 said:
I was going to say you should build some cheap panels. You can make the side ones stay put unless you really need to move them and make the back one come off super easy.
Yea I've been thinking bout getting that done, even if I just put them on when I have a party or something