303travism's office build

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well some of you know me and the ones that don't I hope to get to know you! I've been out of the scene for a bit but I'M BACK!!!
Tank: 21 gallon acrylic 22"x21"x12"
Refugium: approx 40gal acrylic
Light: 120watt Evo 20k
Return pump: aquatic life 873gph
Stock: I would like to go with 2 designer clowns and a melanurus wrasse.

It will be an open top but I think I will cut a piece of acrylic to put on the top when I go home from work to help prevent suicides. I am having the stand built by our neighbors at work I can't remember the name of the material that he is using but it is waterproof I will get more info for you guys and feel free to ask questions and advise is always welcome and needed at times! Planning on running bare bottom.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

I know once I get mine together the owner is going to have me put one in our lobby I'm willing to put money on it lol!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: 303travism's office build

That plumbing tote just keeps popping up.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

MartinsReef;227090 said:
That plumbing tote just keeps popping up.

I'm pretty sure I blew my back out picking it up haven't made it to the bottom but I'm sure there is lead down there!

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: 303travism's office build

303travism;227092 said:
I'm pretty sure I blew my back out picking it up haven't made it to the bottom but I'm sure there is lead down there!
At least its on wheels, well kinda. After many builds its well used.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

If it had wheels they got pushed into the box lol!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

BPreefer;227088 said:
Nice start Travis, sweet tank!
Thanks got to love that Daniel (dvenson) he did a great job!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Just a little up date having my stand built out of Medix it's waterproof not sure if I'm going to paint it I want to see what it looks like when it's all done. If anyone has any experience with Medix please chime in I'd like to know if you liked it or not.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Type of wood

jahmic

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That tote seems to breed PVC...how is it still full??? lol

tagging along, I'm jealous of you people that get to do office tanks.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member

303travism;227092 said:
Lol Jerry said the same thing! I conveniently had surgery and could only watch him move it. I'm pretty sure the wheels blew out a while back

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

I am not totally sure I will get photos of it when it comes in.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Ok guys and gals the wood came in earlier this week and they have been building it this week and The stand should already be done so i will be able to start the actual build on Monday!!!
I was talking with one of the guys about the wood and said the best way to make this wood look good is as he called it is "skateboard stain" it so I'm probably going to go with a light black stain where you will still be able to see the grain I will post up a bunch of pics on Monday!!!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Here's the stand they have to move the lower hinge up cause I had them build it tight and the lower hinge in in the way of the sump but other than that I'm really liking it the hinges they used are slow closing so they will never slam shut and scare my fishies!

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member

Start plumbing tomorrow!