Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse
Christmas Wrasse
Mystery Wrasse
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Whip Fin Fairy Wrasse
Orange-back Fairy Wrasse

These are all my favorites, obviously I can't keep all of them but I was hoping maybe 3 of those would be compatible...is this unrealistic?

a bag of it

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #EBEBEB"]Ok, here's an update of my potential stocklist after listening to everyone's advice.

In order:
Randall's Goby w/red banded pistol shrimp
Cardinal
Clown Pair (either snowflake or picasso)
Royal Gramma (maybe, not 100% sure)
Midas Blenny (not 100% sure either)
2-3 Flasher/Fair Wrasses (McCosker's and Orange-back)
1 Melanurus Wrasse

After tank has developed and matured:
Green Mandarin (after I'm confident in my refugium)
Schooling Bannerfish (need to learn more about these guys)

What do you guys think? I feel like that's probably too many fish. Between the midas blenny and the royal gramma, who would be more active and interesting to watch? [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
3reef had a sweet wrasse guide, I think it's 3reef. Nothing google won't find.

About the heniochus, I found this on this forum. If you don't know Jon, he's a very wise man.
jonthefb said:
Heniochus are a type of butterfly and as such are a little more prone to external parasitic infections, as well as the likes of lympho and such.

Also, they may nip at corals, so if you are planning on keeping a nice mixed reef, I would advise against adding one.

Cheers~!
Jon
Sent using Forum Runner

a bag of it

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I ended up straying from my plan. Current inhabitants are a royal gramma and a pair of snowflake clowns. I'm thinking about a cardinal next. Then probably two wrasses. I'm pretty much set on a mccosker's flasher, but for the second I'm still undecided. I'm between the orange back fairy, the red headed solon, the lineatus and the rhomboid. Price is a bit of a deterrent from the lineatus and rhomboid, but from what I've gathered they will probably be more peaceful than the red head or orange back. What do you guys think? What would be a good match for the mccosker's and the rest of my inhabitants?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a mckoskers if you'd like to come see one.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have a tiger pistol shrimp and a yellow watchman, even though they are fun to watch, they cause sand storms as the pistol shrimp wont stop remodeling

a bag of it

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
yeah that's another reason I crossed them off my list. I'd love to see that mccosker's, but I'm not sure when I'll be down that way again. I'd really like to see a lineatus too. I've seen the red headed and orange back. I'm leaning towards the lineatus if I can find one for a good price, the orange back I think is my backup cheaper option.

a bag of it

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ok, so I haven't updated this thread in a while, but there's been a couple additions and I'm trying to figure out the final few fish to add to the tank.

Current inhabitants include:

-Pair of snowflake clowns
-Royal Gramma
-Red Velvet Fairy Wrasse
-Melanurus Wrasse
-Randall's Goby

I want to add a pistol shrimp, I was thinking the red banded one. Then I want to add a tailspot blenny and a pair of bangaii cardinals. For the final fish I was thinking a coral beauty angel. Thoughts? Too many fish? Will the angel be a bully?

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Coral beautys are notorious coral nippers as far as i have experienced and same with lots of others on here I believe.

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I had a coral beauty and it bullied a cool yellow headed jawfish right out of the tank

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
a bag of it;176835 said:
well that's pretty lame, in my research they seemed to be the least likely angel to nip, but I'm not set on one. What are some other fish that are primarily either blue or green? not a chromis.
Mandarin goby, cleaner wrasse
My coral beauty never ate coral it was just a jerk!

andynco

Angel Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
you could go buy a ora mandarin

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
andynco;176850 said:
you could go buy a ora mandarin
I've been reading about these and they say they are still hit or miss.