75 gallon Rejuvination.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
So we started with a 7 year old tank with fish live rock sand and not much else. After adding some fish and corals, we realized we were in dire need of a skimmer. Thanks to skydiv were able to get a reef octopus nw 150.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya a skimmer makes a world of difference. Some tanks can be run without it but the skimmer helps out alot and makes frequent feedings more possible. Reef Octopus skimmers are great too, I have one and it works like a champ.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Here's the Reef Octopus. It was a little tough to get it dialed in but it seems to be doing ok now. Next step will be getting rid of the bioballs and getting a bigger tank for a better sump.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Designing my sump from a new 29 g to fit my skimmer and wants for a display/frag refuge.

Any thoughts on either of these sketches? I am thinking the first one for a taller viewing area for a pair of clowns and frags.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
sethsolomon;311454 said:
That is a huge hippo tang!
Yes he' s huge. We would kind of like to trade him for a smaller one. If you have a smaller one, we would be willing to trade.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
$1 a gallon sale at Petco, Woo hoo! I guess we are in the buisness for building our own sump.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Mermaid Gardens;312215 said:
Designing my sump from a new 29 g to fit my skimmer and wants for a display/frag refuge.

Any thoughts on either of these sketches? I am thinking the first one for a taller viewing area for a pair of clowns and frags.

Or another good idea would be welcome.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
the bottom design is pretty much the same thing I run on my 75, and with the same skimmer as you have

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Big changes... since we were in need of a stand, a sump, lights... pretty much everything we were really excited to get skydives 75 set up. Thanks skydive! We appreciate everything you,ve helped us with.
So we're in the process of combining the two tanks and will probably let go of the pieces we don't need.

The first thing I did was rework the rocks. I like this much better than the solid wall. You can also see the 29 sump and skimmer from Shawn.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The stand and hood. :( we banged it up a little bit getting it in the van. Nothing a little wood glue and paint can't fix.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
We put a few rocks and things in to help cycle the tank. Looks like its getting there.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
View attachment 19742 Oh and lights. A skip, a hop, and a jump. Ta daaa the aqualife sure does think its nice to be able to see.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
So this is how the tank looks after vacation, and some time spent cleaning algae.

[/IMG]
Not bad for being gone for three weeks.

Now I'm going to attempt to one by one feature all the livestock and fish in my tank.
Zoas/Palys

Mushrooms

SPS

LPS

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Leathers

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Kenya tree was dbtced from High Plains Reefer, and the Anthelia and clove polyps were dbtc from JoshHill. Many thanks guys.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member

Thor I'll throw in a pic of Machu Pucci just cut it was amazing. If you ever get a chance, defiantly go. Did I mention it was amazing?

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
That should read thought I'd throw in a pic of Machu Picchu, just b/c it was amazing... auto correct never works right.

Mermaid Gardens

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
OK a few more...
Button polyps from skydive

Purple Monti cap and digi from dave

Orange digital a also from dave

Hollywood stunner coral also from skydive

Bonsai from Ken (it fell off the rocks while we were gone, hoping it'll make a comeback), hydnphora from the frag swap, and a rainbow pocillopora dbtced by Seth Soloman.

Green Riccardo a dbtced by ken.

Orange Monti cap from Dave(I glued it to the wall like you suggested Seth. Can't wait to watch it grow.)