Aquarium Technician Position - Fort Collins

darkangler

Cleaner Shrimp
We are an aquarium maintenance and custom installation company. I am currently hiring for an Aquarium Technician position. I am looking for part time to full time help. The right person can make this into a long term career. Our shop is located on North College in Fort Collins, so please be within 30 minutes of work.

Job includes, but is not limited to the following: maintaining and repairing client's aquariums; maintaining shop and display tanks at facility, coral propagation, fish husbandry, tank moves, emergency calls, training, and research. Please only respond if the below criteria fits you completely.

1. Experience isn't necessary, but is preferred.

2. Someone who is trustworthy, friendly, respectful, and personable.

3. Someone who works well in a team and can be productive going solo. After all training is completed, the job would require maintaining, installing, and fixing problems on your own.

4. Someone who has good problem solving skills and ability to learn new techniques and information.

5. Must be creative and have an eye for detail.

6. Someone who is willing to dive deep into this hobby with the many skills needed. Besides cleaning, testing, and caring for livestock and aquariums other skills include: propagation, fish rearing, plumbing, electric, chemistry, basic carpentry, vehicle maintenance, routing and scheduling, and much more.

7. Energetic, in shape, and able to lift 50lbs +. We do many tank moves and installs which require moving heavy items. Day to day work includes lifting full 5 gallon buckets, rolling up large hoses, running up and down stairs, standing/balancing on ladders, moving large pieces of equipment, etc.

8. Able to drive a pickup and box van. Good driving record and background check a must. Reliable vehicle to and for work.

9. Able to take initiative, take responsibility, and be self motivated.

There are many other requirements for this position, but these are the guidelines. Hours are 8-6 each day. The first 2-4 weeks is a trial basis with a wage of $8.00/hr and pay raises are based off of a tiered learning system. As you acquire certain skills and knowledge, along with taking on clients on your own, you will earn more. My goal is to expand to large installations, coral propagation, fish breeding, and many other aspects of the hobby. If everything sounds like something you are looking for please respond as soon as you can. Please send a resume to underwaterwonders@gmail.com

Thank You,

Seth Wheeler
Underwater Wonders, LLC

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think it's that so much as that the position is in FoCo. Most on here are Denver or burbs. Good luck though I'm sure someone will snap it up

hurrafreak

Orca
M.A.S.C Club Member
coloagro;183586 said:
I don't think it's that so much as that the position is in FoCo. Most on here are Denver or burbs. Good luck though I'm sure someone will snap it up
I'd say it's pretty close to being 1/2 denver and 1/2 other places :).

I'd jump on it but I already work in the "industry" lol

coloagro

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
If you need work done here in Denver then by all means PM me....I'm def interested. Unfortunately FoCo is way to far otherwise.