BlazinJack's BioCubeness

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
His idea of redecorating is insane!! Knocking over rock and digging out entire corners of sand...

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I put down a shallow layer and then put the base rock down and filled on around it, but I did that colored pebble in the middle, and he's taking it and putting it all over the tank.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Finally got some finish on the stand. I wanted something easily removable, easily cleaned and good looking... So I had panels of pleather sewed up and attached them with Velcro!!

It blocks all of the refugium light and much of the sound, and its different!! I'm extremely happy with how it turned out, and the ease of access!!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BlazinJack's BioCubeness

Been doing some research, and decided to bump my temp from 77 to 80, so I've been slowly going up over the last few weeks. Lets hope corals grow faster at their new temp!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BlazinJack's BioCubeness

Pulled the trigger today and pulled all of the sand and colored pebbles out. I spent about 3 hours trying to get the colored pebbles out, but they're really mixed in there!! I might have to just go buy new sand... Haven't decided yet if I wanna stay with black or not. For now I'm running pretty much bare bottom.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
BlazinJack's BioCubeness

Cleaned up the lighting quite a bit and went from a 175 to a 250 halide. with the 2 120 evos there's quite a bit of light cooking these corals!! But the color looks awesome!!

Just halide

Halide and LED

"60% of the time; it works every time!"

xxHLTxx

Detritus
M.A.S.C Club Member
SkyDiv3r17;267737 said:
Light set up looks 10x better! Is the flame angel pickin at corals at all?
+1, light setup looks awesome, spread and coverage is very even too!! how you liking the upgrade to 250 halide?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So far the flame has been a good boy.
I've never ran halides before, but I'm noticing some nice growth from some SPS. Now I just need them to color up!

"60% of the time; it works every time!"