BlazinJack's BioCubeness

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;196771 said:
I would like to learn how to put a sump under my cube and understand how you plumbed
it all. Any chance you could help me understand enough to complete my own?
It requires making some permanent modifications to the back area of the cube. And I use an overflow box to drop down to the sump. I can answer more thoroughly tomorrow.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
You gonna swap the Biocube for the 40 breeder?

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yep! Biocube sprung a leak... And after a little bargaining I convinced the wife of the breeder!!

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very cool. Is your hob overflow big enough for the breeder?

Drew

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;197723 said:
Very nice! The BC was nice though
By BC do you mean BioCube or Ball n Chain?! The Biocube will be resealed and modified to house an octopus or Mantis shrimp in the future. The ball n chain is awesome, and let me do this for a very small, but very difficult task.

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I had 2 "conditions" to upgrading:
1. Stop chewing the 'baccy. I'm 5 days strong now. Gone through more gum than I can count...
2. (The easy one) add another person to the aquarium community!
my son next to his new 1.5 gal orb!! We're gonna start freshwater here for a while, but I know he'll be a reefer soon!

Also, while setting that tank up I found this:
the hot colored gravel looks INSANE under LEDs!!! And the bag says freshwater and marine safe!! What do you all think?

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
rockys_pride;197757 said:
Welcome new future reefer!

Maybe it's just me, is there a clown in the orb?

I don't see the problem with sprinkling some gravel in your sand.
Ha! No I think that was a reflection of his clown stuffed animal!!
I was thinking of making a colorful river down the center of the tank with black sand on each side.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'd only use that in a FOWLR or reef where you aren't going to have any sand based livestock. Might be a little much for my 120 though. Lol

Drew

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got everything into the 40 just as the lights went out... So ill have to get pics tomorrow after I figure out which lights I'm going with over it. I need more fish and coral now though...

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ran some tests today... I'm down to .75 nitrate and .25 phosphates!! I dosed another round of phosgaurd and I think that might take the phosphates down to where I need them!! I'm elated!! On tge down side, I'm ready to spear my jaw fish...