Chinese LED light help

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I ordered three of these with the timers, however I had to reset the timers and now I have working great, the other the blues are only turning on 5%, and the other the blues are on a strobe setting. I have all of the settings the same as the one that is working perfectly. The one that is only 5% blue, is set to be at 100% ame with the strobing. What the heck do I need to fix the other two? Please help!

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Man! Didnt you have problems with those when we first got em? I can't help much because I didn't get the dimmable version, but I remember that I had to push the buttons really hard and nothing took effect until I got back to the home screen.

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Found this:

Hmm. well baring a simple contact issue, it sounds like the LED module is using active current limiting (basically, a small transistor(s)), and that is detecting that the current draw is to much so it shuts off, then on, then off etc. Not much you can do except replace it...OR, you could try putting an external current limit in front of the lamp which should keep the limiter from going nuts (but then why have the limiter at all??). I am just speculating here. But that would explain the strobe effect.

Sent using Forum Runner

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yes I did have issues from the get go. I regret getting the dimmer. These are my dads, I have a nondimmer light and it works great. It looks like I am going to be contacting the manufacturer.

Scott at DFA installed his Hyperion LED panels in the hood of my red sea max 250.
His install covers defects in parts, lamps..etc..etc..

1 week want by and one of the drivers had malfunctioned and quit working.
No problem at all. Scott replaced the bad driver free of charge and had fully functioning lights the very next day.

MattL

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
How is he priced? The issue is I did this for my dad because his other lights didn't work out as well as we had hoped, and this had to happen on fathers day.