Copyright law

Ummfish

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just so everyone knows, the rules with photos are: Ask nicely first, wait for a reply from the photographer, then print out and hang (or turn into a desktop background or whatever). I've never, ever had anyone turn me down if I ask nicely to use their photos. But it is the photographer's right to do so if they wish. And a lot of people get really peeved if you don't ask first.

The copyright law is really confusing. The law states that the photographer owns the copyright to their photos and has the right to control how their photos are used. Just because they post them here doesn't give anyone the right to print them and use them for other purposes unless the photographer says it's okay.

I don't want to get into a situation where photographers decide to stop posting their photos here because this turns into a place where people don't respect the artist and their work. So remember, ask first and respect the photographer's decision, whatever it may be.

Mini T

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Oh yeah, it's just a big part of my world. I'm actually pretty easy going if asked first.

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
I think most people would be perfectly happy to share if you give them credit for it. After all the whole point of a picture is to share it with others (well most)... JMO

prolawn_care

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thats what being a politician can do to you! Especially with obama in charge, but thats a whole nother can of worm worthy of it's own thread...