Craigslist Deal of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
That is definately a scam for sure. They just cropped this photo.

SkyShark

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;317816 said:
That is definately a scam for sure. They just cropped this photo.
I'm not sure what is leading you to believe it is a scam (and not sure you understand what it means to crop a photo). Certainly sounds reasonable and like a deal worth following up on (if you have the space/need). As always with Craigslist, be careful and if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

Maybe someone can give the foundation a quick call tomorrow and find out if they took the tank down.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I told you guys it was a scam. I used a junk email address and after I replied to it the inbox got swarmed with insurance offers. A famous 300 gallon tank with bells and whistles would never go for less than 2 grand used and would likely sell for a LOT more.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
Well just for a price reference a 110g ATM full setup is around 24k dollars so a 300g has to be way way more so no way they are selling it for less than 100k

Hey guys... just to let you know, it was not a scam, I thought it was also... but I own it now and yes I paid 500.00 for it. Had it moved yeterday to my basement and spent the afternoon setting it up.

Hey guys... just to let you know, it was not a scam, I thought it was also... but I own it now and yes I paid 500.00 for it. Had it moved yeterday to my basement and spent the afternoon setting it up. I live in CO. Springs, I am not usually up on this forum... But I did get the tank, will send pics when I have it fully up and running

It was shear luck that I got it, at work will post pics by the end of the week, on Tues. morning my 100g reef tank sprung a leak about 5 inches from the bottom, tried to reseal and silicone didnt hold. Thurs morning started looking for a cheap temp tank to put all my corals and fish... the rest is history. The tank was moved out to the foundation late last year they had it up and running for about 3 months in their office, they were notified that they were going to have to move at the end of their lease and the new building would not allow the tank. That is why they sold it for a 500.00 donation... the moving company snapped off two bulkhead returns of the bottom of the tank yesterday when they moved it. I was up till about midnight replumbing tank... it is holding about 80g of water right now with my live rock and sand from other tank inside... plan on filling it up the rest of the way tonight and testing the upper return lines and pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.