Dbarnes 225 in wall re-build

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
DyM;208325 said:
Is that a glass top, or just screen meshing? If it's glass, what's your reasoning to cover up?
They are mesh, made from screen material.. i have wrasse and fire fish that like to commit suicide so i have to keep it covered.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Tank and setup look awesome!!!

Dbarnes;208328 said:
They are mesh, made from screen material..
Is the mesh you used kind of a clear 1/4" x 1/4" nylon mesh? If so, where did you get it? That's what I have on one of mine. I am trying to find some to build more screens for my other tanks and really like its durability.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
WatercolorsGuy;208362 said:
Tank and setup look awesome!!!

Is the mesh you used kind of a clear 1/4" x 1/4" nylon mesh? If so, where did you get it? That's what I have on one of mine. I am trying to find some to build more screens for my other tanks and really like its durability.
Thanks, got it at home depot, they also sell the screen rails that you can cut to fit what size you need

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Yea no prob, but if I were you also get apoxy, due to the volume of the mesh it does not stay in the screen bars that well, it needs to be apoxied every few inches so that when you lift it up and happen to grab the mesh it dies not just pop out. Just my .02 cents worth

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Wellllllll.... I finally got my apex setup the way I wanted. This took a lot of re wiring in the walls and a custom little melamine cabinet but I cleaned things up ALOT and I love it. I now have absolutely everything on my tank ran through my apex, the unfortunate part of that is a found my overall highest consumption stands at 12.8amps... ouch!! I will be replacing my sump and pitting in a new return pump (looking for a barracuda 4500 or so) and at that time it should help me out a little, but I am still loving the halides and I think the growth will be far better than what I experienced with the LEDs

Front of cabinet, I think I will be adding some trim to class it up a bit ;)
View attachment 10241

Inside of cabinet, ahhhh I love organization
View attachment 10242

Outside again a little closer
View attachment 10243

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Got all the corals moved in today and everything is looking great! Even the rastas opened right up and are doing great. The lighting is fantastic looking with the AI's supplementing the halides

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;209461 said:
Got all the corals moved in today and everything is looking great! Even the rastas opened right up and are doing great. The lighting is fantastic looking with the AI's supplementing the halides

Pics brah!!!

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Alright here a a few, only camara I have is my zoom so some are poor lol

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dbarnes;209461 said:

Congratz!!!

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Dbarnes 225 in wall re-build

So i finally got the new sump, built by precision marine measuring 25x18x48. I got all my parts and pieces today for my manifold, planning on getting it built this week. I should get the new pump later this week, i ended up ordering a barracuda hybrid which will produce 6000gph at6' head. More pics to come!

View attachment 10713
View attachment 10714
View attachment 10715

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
Nice sump!!! Looks like you can fit 20 of those dogs in there (from the second pic). haha. Seriously though, do you have 3 returns? Looks like room to put three socks.

Dbarnes

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Dbarnes 225 in wall re-build

Yep the sump is setup for three 8" socks, just so happens i have three overflows from my tank. Should work out nicely. Yea the sump is rather large lol