Fuge & electrical rework project

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Looks much, much better Cindy, sorry I missed it, as Im sure you have noticed I aint been around here to much, got into a car accident just before Christmas, been recovering ever since, just starting to get back into the swing of things.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;217254 said:
Looks much, much better Cindy, sorry I missed it, as Im sure you have noticed I aint been around here to much, got into a car accident just before Christmas, been recovering ever since, just starting to get back into the swing of things.
I noticed I hadn't seen much of you, but didn't know why. Are you ok?? Holy crap. If you need anything, lemme know.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Im good, for the most part. We were headed the Broncos / Browns game on the 23rd and got side swiped. Truck was totaled, think god for airbags and seat belts. No one was seriously injured. I broke my ankle, it got pinned (I was on the side that got hit) some cuts and bruises and the accident caused an old back injury to resurface 10 fold, had a minor surgery to correct it, they basically added some padding between my 3 lower vertibrea and re positioned one of them as it had been jarred out of place from the impact, spent Christmas in a recovery room and New years in bed, but Im finally able to walk again on my own without crutches or a walker, slowly! My back is healed up about 90% at this point, have a few more weeks of physical therapy to make sure everything is good, before I can do any heavy lifting or anything that may strain my back, but I actually feel 100 times better, the surgery was needed car accident or not, this just made me have to do it.

Ive been fortunate enough to have my 12 year old son who has been by my side through all this, all his tailing me everyday learning about the reef has really paid off. He maintained the tank for 2 weeks all by himself, feedings, water changes and daily maintenence and I must say he did a damn good job. As a reward I will be allowing him to set his own "mini" reef up in his room, Im thinking a 40 gallon bow front would look great in his room!
Thats where I have been.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
ReefCheif;217257 said:
Im good, for the most part. We were headed the Broncos / Browns game on the 23rd and got side swiped. Truck was totaled, think god for airbags and seat belts. No one was seriously injured. I broke my ankle, it got pinned (I was on the side that got hit) some cuts and bruises and the accident caused an old back injury to resurface 10 fold, had a minor surgery to correct it, they basically added some padding between my 3 lower vertibrea and re positioned one of them as it had been jarred out of place from the impact, spent Christmas in a recovery room and New years in bed, but Im finally able to walk again on my own without crutches or a walker, slowly! My back is healed up about 90% at this point, have a few more weeks of physical therapy to make sure everything is good, before I can do any heavy lifting or anything that may strain my back, but I actually feel 100 times better, the surgery was needed car accident or not, this just made me have to do it.

Ive been fortunate enough to have my 12 year old son who has been by my side through all this, all his tailing me everyday learning about the reef has really paid off. He maintained the tank for 2 weeks all by himself, feedings, water changes and daily maintenence and I must say he did a damn good job. As a reward I will be allowing him to set his own "mini" reef up in his room, Im thinking a 40 gallon bow front would look great in his room!
Thats where I have been.
Holy spit! What a mess! SO glad to hear that you're getting the recovery taken care of, and healing up so quickly. I can't even imagine how much all of that had to hurt.

And I think your son is pretty darn spectacular to take care of your tank all on his own! What a great kid. Wow. Just wow. I'd say ya done good as a dad, for sure, for him to be mature enough to handle that responsibility at his age. So impressed.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
Wow Cindy, that looks fantastic! You guys are so awesome when it comes to plumbing these things.
I can't believe the difference with the wiring and the balasts and the sump. Incredible is all I can say.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;217277 said:
Wow Cindy, that looks fantastic! You guys are so awesome when it comes to plumbing these things.
I can't believe the difference with the wiring and the balasts and the sump. Incredible is all I can say.
Yeah, I know you remember that mess. Can you believe how good it looks now? And these pics don't even do it justice. The new system is insanely slick.