Greeneyedgirl classroom build

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
So glad you guys got it set up. Can't wait to see how things develop. Let me know how I can help.

I have this same tank! Feel free to ask any questions when they arise. I've done a few simple mods to keep things flowing right, like a media basket is almost needed.

greeneyedgirl

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ghxst;335381 said:
I have this same tank! Feel free to ask any questions when they arise. I've done a few simple mods to keep things flowing right, like a media basket is almost needed.
I wasn't thinking about using any media other then purigen. What other mods did you do? What corals have you kept with the stock lighting?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
T5's in it? Yea... You could keep anything IMHO. You'll need to do regular water changes for sure.

greeneyedgirl

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;335384 said:
T5's in it? Yea... You could keep anything IMHO. You'll need to do regular water changes for sure.

Ya they look like power compacts but read stevet thread on nano reefs the are t5s with power compact socket. My plan is a 5 gallon water change a week but don't know if that's enough. What do you think on water changes?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
greeneyedgirl;335385 said:
Ya they look like power compacts but read stevet thread on nano reefs the are t5s with power compact socket. My plan is a 5 gallon water change a week but don't know if that's enough. What do you think on water changes?
5 gallons should take care of things nicely. I wouldn't try to grow anything hard. Just hardy stuff. You guys can come over and get some zoa's when it's ready. T5= awesome. Power compact = no good. I think the max used the compacts at one time. Power compact would do fine for softies I suppose.

greeneyedgirl

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Dr.HarlemTutu;335386 said:
5 gallons should take care of things nicely. I wouldn't try to grow anything hard. Just hardy stuff. You guys can come over and get some zoa's when it's ready. T5= awesome. Power compact = no good. I think the max used the compacts at one time. Power compact would do fine for softies I suppose.
Shhhh don't tell him but Andrews pink lemonade and strawberry short cake might go missing from the house tank but shh. Thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind.

Miah2bzy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Following along. From loveland also.

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
greeneyedgirl;335387 said:
Shhhh don't tell him but Andrews pink lemonade and strawberry short cake might go missing from the house tank but shh. Thanks for the offer I will keep it in mind.
Careful what you take Tessie.