Greeneyedgirl classroom build

greeneyedgirl

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Had a diatom bloom. Added a tunze nano stream. Added 2 sets of snails which died right away it seemed. So Andrew and Jaime tested for stray voltage which we think the skimmer is the problem. I decided to upgrade to the tunze 9001 just wait for it to arrive. Great white donated a polyp to make sure that everything else was ready to go...... I am hoping to have more in the tank in a couple of weeks!!

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
Did Andrew stick his tongue in the water and see if it tingled like a 9v battery?

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
MuralReef;337929 said:
Did Andrew stick his tongue in the water and see if it tingled like a 9v battery?
But this works right? You are a science teacher...

MuralReef

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
I'm pretty sure this is one of those don't try this at home moments.

Dr.DiSilicate

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
MASC Vice-President
MuralReef;337953 said:
I'm pretty sure this is one of those don't try this at home moments.
So you do it in your classroom and provide the service to other school tanks for a discount?

Andrew_bram

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So the power compact definately raise the temp on this tank. So need to hear some thoughts. Honestly the only alternative lighting we can fit is panorama pro led strips. Cotemplating 2x 12000k/453 blue and 1 magenta blue. These are the 16w models. With the fan in canopy these should have no problem with heat issues. Any thoughts on if this would be enough light.

greeneyedgirl

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Greeneyedgirl classroom build

I put a yellow fin wrasse in the tank and she happy being in the tank... I was able to go down to stone aquatics today to meet Steve... I am so excited to be able to get fish from stone aquatics to put in the tank.

Last edited by a moderator: