Is this allowed?

So there has been a lot of talk a little while back about how some people are burned out about people not passing on their dbtc's. I know you can't ASK for them, but are people allowed to trade DBTCs? It would basically be just a small version of the meetings then.

Eg:

WTT my sps (DBTC) for any SPS I don't have (which is either a DBTC someone has, or they are putting their coral into the DBTC program).

Still works the same, and creates the same obligation to pass on corals when they are propagated, but requires people to have some skin in the game. Or is this selfish and unfair and not keeping with the spirit of the program?

Thoughts?

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I don't think it's a problem, happens all the time.

Metalsniper

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Seems legit, like you said, exactly like the meetings. The only difficulty would be figuring out what you want to trade for I think.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
The only issue I see is the original dbtc grow and give out two is not being met (the requirement was designed to be two pieces given away from the original given piece without recieving anything in trade (either money or coral)).

That being said, I personally (not speaking for the BOD), like the idea of members sharing but worry that it would become a issue with folks not wanting to "give" away a dbtc and only want to "trade" it. I hope that makes sense.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
can't speak for the whole board but its kinda border line IMO ....i personally never like calling the DBTC meetings DBTC long before i was on the board .....it does help build the program but its also more like a swap and not the idea of the DBTC

so IMO if you are getting a DBTC only because its a trade than no its not the idea behind the program but if you both happen to be giving away and one isnt based on the other then its ok

I was just curious. Just found out that someone is getting married the weekend of the DBTC meeting so I cant go (again). Since the point is to allow people to diversify on the cheap (as long as you return the favor when it grows out), i was considering doing one regular DBTC and one trade (eg any sps I dont currently have) for each of a few DBTCs that are close to ready.

Or I could just hold a few until the next meeting. As long as you are honest, the meetings are still DBTC(ish) since you give away two things for every one thing you recieve.