Kessil's ...who has them?

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
If I am not mistaken, I think aquamart is running a few of them. I might head up today, if I do I will check for you and let you know.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
will do...

Haulin Oates

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I thought Elite was running one as well, yesterday they had some weird light over one of their small nano tanks... Looked like a light cannon!!

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
kessill is slowly giving people peaks at a larger cannon light as well. a350 that has dimming capabilities with separate colors.

Walter White

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Kessill rep at Reefstock alluded to a dimable version coming soon. Might be worth waiting. I wnder if its only dimmable at the 350 range?

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I don't know for sure. The evil empire has a thread w a couple of guys doing some teaser/testing. Looks like the 350 only. The only problem is that they are not controllable at this time. They do mimic the look of a metal halide better than anything else IMO and have unique technology. And look (style) very clean.

KhensuRa

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did not end up going today Don, as I decided to wait ti Wednesday, till after they get their new coral shipment

We are using the Kessil's on several displays in the store. I really like these for certain applications. We have them on order so I should have them available for sale early next week. Come check 'em out.

dv3

Beluga
M.A.S.C Club Member
Aquamart;160282 said:
We are using the Kessil's on several displays in the store. I really like these for certain applications. We have them on order so I should have them available for sale early next week. Come check 'em out.
what type of application ....how do think they would for the 58g i was asking about?

Depends on what you are growing. They are available in 4 colors. They are not dimmable or controllable. I have the 12k over a 30 gallon and its really nice for the sea horses and med light corals. You would probably need 2 over your 58 to light it up. I am using them mostly for supplemental lighting.