Led driver question

ailachami

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
are you thinking of one driver or two? I would get two, a non-dimmable for the blue and a dimmable for the white. I bought two dimmable but my blues are at full all the time.

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
I would do 1 Meanwell ELN 60-48D. You would wire the LED's in 2 parallel strings of 12. This will run the LED's at a little under full power, but you really won't notice the difference. This is BY FAR the most common setup for 3W LED's. It will reduce heat and power consumption while increasing the life of your LED's.

If your LED's are rated up to 1000mA or higher (lice most of the cree's) You could go with the Meanwell LPF-90D-48. This would run them at full power and give you just under 1A per string. You would still need to run 2 parallel strings off this driver. I preffer the LPF series because it is dimmable using both PWM and 0-10V, so it can be used with ANY controller. The only downfalls are that it is harder to find and more expensive.

You can find it in stock here though:
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/mean-well_lpf-90d-48.html?p=43545096

dvenson

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
This is a prebuilt led system from jbj what I need is just a replacement ballast that is dimable everything is already prewired and running just need to be able to dim the LEDs so I'm not bleaching corals

lpsouth1978@msn.com

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
The trouble is on finding a dimmable driver with the amperage to power all of the LED's. These are difficult to find because they are quite dangerous at higher Amps. The ONLY dimmable driver that I know of that is capable of doing what you want is the Inventronics 75W driver. You can find it on LEDGroupBuy.com. Here is a link to that driver. I hope this helps. It has the amperage and watts that you would need and it is dimmable using 0-10V dimming. Good luck and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

http://www.ledgroupbuy.com/inventronics-75w-driver-700ma/

Read the warning at the bottom of that page and you will understand why these are not a common driver.