Looking for old ATI Bulbs 48"

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wondering if anyone had some old 48" ati t5 bulbs that you are not using. I want to try a few color combinations on my tank before I order bulbs. Thinking 4 B+, a purple+ and a coral+ bulb, but afraid that it may be too blue, also wonder if the purple is worth it (better color in red and green but low par rating). Hoping to find some that have not shifted too bad for comparison reasons.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Matt, I have an old blue + and an aqua blue with about 6 months use. Throw me a few bucks each next week when you are in town. How's the koralia and that digitata.

Wicked Color

Tiger Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have like 10 different old t5 bulbs if you want to look through them, dunno the brands.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
The Korilas are awesome!I.m hoping my LPS will adjust to the new current, or perhaps I didn't get all of the vinegar rinsed off... either way my brain coral and candy cane are all shriveled up, if it's not better by morning I'll do a water change. Everything else looks great, and the Digi's are looking good :) I think I may just keep doing research on lighting to find my combo.

Boogie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have about 11 bulbs you can borrow if you want. The oldest is 6 months so I'd like them back but you are welcome to test run them if you like.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
That would be awesome, I just want to try different color combinations. I could have them back to you by the end of the weekend :)

RefferMatt-
Let me know what conclusion you come to. I just bought a 6 bulb light and I was planning on 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Purple Plus and one GE 6,500K. I don't have anything in there right now (cycling) but this seems to be a common bulb combination so i was going to give it a try. I've read only one complaint that it was too blue. The tough time I'm having is I have nothing in there as of now, and I'm not sure what color set up I'm going to like as this is my first SW tank. Please post what you think of the combo if you test this, or something similiar.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
I am using
2 blue+
2 super actinic
1 aqua blue
1 purple +
And i also have a reefbrite xho. I only run 4 bulbs most of the time. Not too blue. I have tried up to 2 of the aqua blue bulbs at once (too white) and 4 blue plus (too blue) love to have a couple of extra bulbs to try things out. Good luck.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
daveydoodle;162309 said:
RefferMatt-
Let me know what conclusion you come to. I just bought a 6 bulb light and I was planning on 4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Purple Plus and one GE 6,500K. I don't have anything in there right now (cycling) but this seems to be a common bulb combination so i was going to give it a try. I've read only one complaint that it was too blue. The tough time I'm having is I have nothing in there as of now, and I'm not sure what color set up I'm going to like as this is my first SW tank. Please post what you think of the combo if you test this, or something similiar.
That is what I have on my 150. Look at my profile pics. I think it is a bit blue but the coral growth is good so I live with it.

ReeferMatt

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have read GrimReefer always recomend "4 ATI Blue Plus, 1 ATI Purple Plus and one GE 6,500K", but I have also heard that this is a bit blue... my thought is perhaps replacing a B+ and the 6,500 with coral + would still give me excellent growth but perhaps tone down the blue.... I may have to join RC and ask the reefer myself, bah!

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
I have always gone off what Grim says about T5s. He knows his stuff. He recommends changing the GE 6500 (for a 12K look) to a aquablue for a 15K look and a coral plus for a 20K look. I'd like to get mine more white looking as if you drive by my house at night it looks like a blue neon sign is on in my living room. But I think that adding more of the GEs to get it close to the 12K is going to compromise the growth.

fiji4118

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
BTW, anyone know who the grim Reefer is on RC? He is local. Figure someone must know him. Probably someone on here and I don't even realize it!!