MASC DBTC Meeting - Oct 15th, 2022, 2pm @Reef Builders Studio

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ok everyone the October meeting is going to be DBTC SWAP and will be hosted by none other then Reef Builders at their amazing studio location.

Who can attend: !!IMPORTANT!!!
Due to space limitations at the studio, we can only have 25 people in the building at once. So, we're creating a free-ticket system.
Your ticket gets you in the door and 1 ticket is valid for 1 person to enter. There is no price to attend and is open to everyone as long as you possess an entry ticket. To get a ticket, just PM me @SynDen and I will get you signed up. Please do not request a ticket unless you are sure you can and will attend.

Details:
Date: October 15, 2022
Time:
3pm Sharp - check in starts @ 2 pm
Place:
Reef Builder studio
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1...cf89c28666dd4!8m2!3d39.7345855!4d-105.1785079

This meeting will count towards membership for those looking to become a badge member, just make sure you sign the sign in sheet or we wont acknowledge you were there :p Again this will be a DBTC Swap; meaning bring a coral to swap/trade, leave with a different one. For those that don't have any corals to trade at the moment, please still plan to attend as the past few times we have had dozens and dozens of coral left over that went up for grabs in the normal DBTC style.

HERE is the link for the Rules and Regulations on the DBTC program https://www.marinecolorado.org/threads/dont-break-the-chain-introduction.38/ for those that are new to the community or new to the DBTC Frag Swap.

There will be the same 3 SECTIONS as our normal DBTC program and we will have an elected decision maker on what corals fall where. The three levels we will have are as follows and I have included a brief description of each type so you can get a better idea of where your corals will fall.

Beginner: This category contains fairly common corals (non rare zoas, xenia, Kenya trees, etc.) These corals are ideal for members new to the hobby, as they grow well in newer systems or low light systems.

Standard: This category contains the majority of corals in the program, including SPS, LPS, etc. Members propagating this category of coral have a system capable of handling the coral they are asking for (i.e. established system of 4 months +, and satisfying lighting/water requirements for these corals).

Extreme: This category contains rare or normally very expensive corals (for example, bubblegum watermelon chalice). Members propagating this level of DBTC coral have a system capable of handling any coral they are asking for (i.e. established aquarium with lighting/water parameters suitable for these challenging specimens).

Check-in will start at 2pm .....there will be a cut-off time like last the last meeting it will probably be around 2:45-3pm (final cut-off time to be determined before) after the cut-off you will NOT be able to register any more corals so try to be there by 2:45 pm at the absolute latest please!!!!!!!

Frag Entry Process: Ideally each DBTC contributed to the swap, would look like this for all potential coral check in scenarios we might potentially use:
  1. Each Frag in Separate Pee Cup
  2. Pee Cup Top labeled on top with both frag name/type and username (either directly on cap or a label of some type of label placed on the cap)
  3. Hand written or printed list of all coral frags you are entering into the swap (hopefully this matches the corals you check in)
* If the coral name/type is unknown - don't worry we can help ID when you check, you can also post a clear picture under normal lighting (not all blue) here, and we may be able to identify before hand.
** If using zip lock bags for transportation, please use quality locking bags and plan to place a label on the bag for coral name/type

There will not be extra bags or pee cups there or time to re-bag them ...and nobody wants to take a coral home in their pocket :)

THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH CORALS FOR ALL ....so even if you don't have anything to bring chances are that you will still go home with at least one!

and last but not least don't forget your COOLERS!!!

Last edited:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Can you at least share which city this will be in, so us northerners can plan?
Ya, its Denver/Lakewood area if I remember right

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Ya somewhere in the triangle between lakewood, denver and golden

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Get those frags cut now so they can get all healed up before the event

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
You made this the exact day I am flying to Grand Caymen. Too bad.

Sent from my SM-G986U using MASC mobile app

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
You made this the exact day I am flying to Grand Caymen. Too bad.

Sent from my SM-G986U using MASC mobile app
All part of the master plan. LOL
But seriously, didn't have much choice in the date for this, it was picked by Reefbuilders

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Got my frags cut. Bringing some gonzo golden dragons, metallic orange discos, green/purple frogspawn, pink boobies chalice, cabbage leather, digi leather and some pink/gold zoas

If anyone needs Pee cups for their frags, the club has some for sale for $3 a sleeve.

Also if anyone doesnt have frags, don't worry. You can come too, and nobody ever leaves these things empty handed.

Last edited:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
If anyone is a beer drinker, like me, there is a brewery next door you can get a growler filled and bring it to the meeting. Bring your own growler or buy one there, either way works.

Hal3134

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
I should have frags of a green birds nest, purple stylo, neon toadstool, and vampires in drag. Maybe some gorilla nipples and a branching frogspawn.

I will also try once more to sell my 3x new in box Lumenbright pendants (250 or 400W) with icecap ballasts ( at least 1 new in box). I’ll throw in a few used bulbs from another setup if you want them. Make me an offer. My wife wants them gone from the basement. I’m thinking $70 for pendant plus ballast combo If all new. $60 if it has a used ballast. If presold I’ll bring them to the swap so no shipping charges.

Last edited:

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
OP updated with location. If you plan to attend make sure to pm me to reserve your spot. Have about 5 spots left