MASC Membership -how to become a member

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Have you been wondering how you become a member? Have you been sitting on the fence about becoming a member? Well here is some helpful information and the sign up to become a member :)

There is no requirement to join to participate here online or attend meetings, but we appreciate the members who have chosen to support the club and help pay our operating expenses. BUT we do ask that ALL of the information in your contact space be totally correct. We do this as there are many spammers who try and make usernames on this website. Not having the correct information can result in being banned. Some of our events have admission fees which are reduced or waived for paid members. Our sponsors also offer discounts and specials for our card-carrying members. Please check out our sponsors to see their specials and support them for supporting us!

Oh and don't forget that many of our local Sponsors/Vendors offer a MASC discount with your membership card. All you have to do is inquire about discounts for MASC members and show your card.

Membership requires that you do one of two things. You either must attend two meetings in one year OR you can pay your annual fee's. Annual dues are currently $24 for one year of Single Individual membership, $36 for one year of a Couples membership and $48 for one year of a Family Membership. To donate for your new membership, please see below.

Membership Type Desired
Individual Membership : $24.00 USD - yearly
Couple Membership : $36.00 USD - yearly
Family Membership : $48.00 USD - yearly

*** Required - MASC User Name

Once your membership has processed, you will receive a membership card at the next monthly meeting. Please allow 30 days for your membership to be processed before contacting our membership director for help. During that time, our membership coordinator will add your information to the club records and update your online profile so you can see the members-only forums and have the member logo. Be sure to keep a printed or email copy of your payment in case any questions arise later.

Note about PayPal: PayPal will set you up with a subscription that will renew each year. You can always cancel your subscription and your membership will remain in effect through your renewal date (1 year from the day you signed up). PayPal will automatically cancel your subscription when you do things like change your bank or credit card information. This will not affect your membership for the current year, but you will need to renew your membership by either PayPal'ing the money or cash or check the following year.

Last edited by a moderator:

LittleCrabby101

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Thank you! I was wondering what I needed to do!

jpc763

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
Does the Garage Sale count as an "event". I was there and picked up some sweet frags and stuff but did not see a sign in sheet.

Thanks, John

deboy69

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
jpc763;186583 said:
Does the Garage Sale count as an "event". I was there and picked up some sweet frags and stuff but did not see a sign in sheet.

Thanks, John
Does it? I have been to the one meeting at aquatic art in July and the garage sale does that mean I'm a member now?

I'm Matt
SE Aurora

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
It depends, did you sign the sign in sheet? That's the only way we have to verify attendance at the meetings and there are just too many people for the BoD to remember who all was there.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
jpc763;186583 said:
Thanks, John
John as Drew suggested you need to sign the sign in sheet in order to for us to credit you one meeting towards membership. The sign in sheet was at the table that the raffle tickets were being sold at.

deboy69;191213 said:
Does it? I have been to the one meeting at aquatic art in July and the garage sale does that mean I'm a member now? I'm Matt
Matt did you sign in at both meetings? I def know you were at the garage sale with your 180 forsale.

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Then I'm sure Chad will get you taken care of shortly.

jpc763

Anthias
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;191219 said:
John as Drew suggested you need to sign the sign in sheet in order to for us to credit you one meeting towards membership. The sign in sheet was at the table that the raffle tickets were being sold at.
Bummer. I did not sign in. Ok. No biggie.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Just wanted to bump this in the event anyone was pondering on how to become a member.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Rebel;200018 said:
Does hosting the frag swap meeting count?
Of course it does Jason!!!! Thank you again for setting that up and hosting us!!
PS. Just you wait I have something up my sleeve for you :)

If we're bumping this to let people know how to become a member, then we might want to put the thread in the MASC Info thread instead of the Members Only Announcements! Lol...

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Re: BS business practices...Ambrosio Aquatics

Bumping this for some new comers whom have recently inquired about membership.