Mechanic

cdrewferd

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
What kind of gaskets? Are they gaskets or seals? I'm side somebody on here can help, just depends in exactly what you need done as to how long it'll take.

Drew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghosty

Butterfly Fish
For other mechanics, might also want to include:

Make, Model, Year, Engine type/size, exactly WHICH gasket(s) or seal(s). And brief description of problem (leak or something else?)

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Complete overhaul? Cant help there, gonna need a shop for that. SOundslike your going to have to tear the motor down to bear bones and replace all seals and gaskets, not a hard job, but not to easy if you dont have all the right equipment

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Since your in Greeley I could take a look figure out how much is gonna be done good thing is gaskets and seals or cheap bad thing is they are a pain in the *** to replace and usually aren't very quick.

yOdaddy

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
What I would recommend doing is degrease the whole engine, drive it for a bit and get underneathe the car with a flash light and follow where the leaks are coming from. Usually that'll work and that will narrow where the leaks is coming from

Cake_Boss

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well, got it figured out. It's the front main seal. Parts are $15, but the 6+ hours of labor is going to be pricey.

If anything the stop leak stuff helped me pinpoint the leak, you can't really miss 1.5 quarts leaking out.