Mike and Cindys nano build

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Well Cindy and I decided to build nano together. The tank is 44x8x7 and it needed some work to be ready. I can't do a tank with out overflow and a sump. So one of the first things we did is drill for an overflow and return.I wanted the return at the other end of the tank to always keep water flowing. Then we made an over flow and a center brace for the tank. I think the tank turned out great.

We started to build the stand. We used an old 55 gallon stand and I had to make a top for it. Cindy picked out the glass tile and installed them. Then I trimed it and she is going to grout and paint this week.

The sump we are going to use a 10 gallon tank the I put some baffles in I think it will work. We still need to find a skimmer.

The lights we chose 3 full spectrum par38 lights http://coralcompulsion.com/led-36w-20k-Full. Then we have an electrition coming out this weekend to install the 3 pendents that the bulbs are going into.

we will try to keep up todate on this I think this is going to be one of my best builds yet. I dont know about Cindy but I am excited!

Pictures on page 1,2,11

Last edited by a moderator:

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
I can hardly wait to see it up and running!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
I'm so excited that I can hardly stand it! This tank is gonna be amazing. Not only that, it's going to look very un-tank-like with the modifications to the stand, and the tiffany-style pendant lights that Mike picked out. The peninsula style, combined with the position by the front door, is going to create a much-needed entry space. The tank will be one of the first things you see as you come into the house.

Dr.DiSilicate

Great White Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Mike and Cindys nano build

I dig it so far! Love the length. I may do one to practice building with acrylic. Thanks for sharing. What are you goona keep?

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
michael.lemke;220174 said:
I dig it so far! Love the length. I may do one to practice building with acrylic. Thanks for sharing. What are you goona keep?
I cant do a tank with out SPS Mike :D

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
The tiles are so beautiful, good choice Cindy. You have great taste.

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
2sweet;220177 said:
The tiles are so beautiful, good choice Cindy. You have great taste.
Thanks, Denise! I think the copper will go great with the satin black that I'm going to paint the stand, and the black sand we're using in the tank. It's near a closeup pic I took of a cheetah, and the two will look great together.

2sweet

Butterfly Fish
*whispering to Cindy* I'll start fragging some zoas for your tank and you can slip them in when he's not looking...tee hee hee

Bajamike

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
H2O_intolerant;220182 said:
Nice Mike! Although I'm not sure about this unholy union of raffle winning power...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD
Someone needs to steel your thunder :silentbob:

FinsUp

M.A.S.C Club Member
Mike wasn't the only one taking pics. [attachment=63439:name]
The back of the stand had the standard open hole, which I filled with a piece of luan (sp? really thin wood) The whole stand is going to be painted black (satin, not gloss). And I'll be replacing those horrid handles with something else. The tiles are glass mosaic on mesh backers. They're root beer colored, with metallic copper. AND they were on sale.