Munch's frag-tank buildout

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: Munch's frag-tank buildout

Munch;226953 said:
Ya, tank, sump, skimmer, heater and pumps.
That was a nice score! IMO, one of the best tanks made!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
No project can ever be done with one trip to the hardware store:[attachment=63832:name]

Or three trips for that matter:[attachment=63833:name]

Dry fitting is mostly complete:[attachment=63834:name]

Close up of the sump:[attachment=63835:name]

Tank fitted:[attachment=63836:name]

Slight change on the lighting plans. I had ordered a Radion Gen 2, but it was damaged in transit. So I picked up an AI Vega for the time being. I think I'm going to pull my Kessil A350W from my other tank and drop it on here, and then add a Kessil 150 SkyBlue to light the sump.

I like that rack you're using. I've been wanting one similar to setup various small tanks.

How many pounds will the shelves hold?

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
So I got the limo tint from ebay, about $10 shipped.

Cutting was a PITA, but it came out great!

[attachment=63874:name]

I did the bottom, back wall and side wall with the overflow. I wanted to be able to photograph from the top and two sides:

[attachment=63873:name]

I cut a 1" hole in the rock, to bury my return:

[attachment=63875:name]

And added black egg-crate with some cut 3/4 black PVC for legs. This becomes my frag rack:

[attachment=63876:name]

303travism

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Munch's frag-tank buildout

That does look really good!

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Happy day :) Now I gotta figure out how to mount these. I'll go with the Vega on the frag tank, and the Radion on the display tank.

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio

Un-subscribing from your thread!!!!!

Jk Dang Scott, nice lights!!!

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member

I really like how this is turning out. The rack and "rock return" look great. Did you notch the pipe stands below the frag rack to hook them in? Or are the pipe pieces secured to tank or free "roaming"?

Nice lights!

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I may cut notches into the pvc to semi secure the rack. For now, its' free standing. I'm thinking the weight of frags outta keep it down.

The lights are actually a tough problem. I didn't think I was getting my Radions, and came across a great deal on the Vegas. So I ordered those. Then when the Radions came along, I couldn't pass those up.

In a perfect world, I'd have one matching set of lights, one process to manage them both, etc. This gives me the chance to really put them each to the test, and we'll see what works out in the end :) I have equally high expectations for both lights!