My 200g Deep Dimension Build

Saltysailor

Users with zero posts needing moderation to determine if they are spam bots
Well I posted this in the wrong thread so thought that I would post it in the correct thread.

So had all (5) tanks up and running a year ago and everything was doing great, then got hit with a divorce and had to break everything down, except one tank, and sell it all off to pay for the Attorney’s Fees. Well, a year later and the divorce is final and I’m ready to start playing again.

I was lacking the big centerpiece tank that I had with my 125g before because I sold off that tank as well. So I decided to go bigger and chose a 200g DD from Marineland.

Additionally, I set up three of my other tanks this last weekend and got everything running again. Luckily I had kept most of my extra rock alive so I’m not seeing much of a cycle…already through the NO4 and NO3 is barely detectable.

Anyways, onto this build. I have received everything below except the custom sump and now I just need to find some time to paint the stand with some Kilz and start on the plumbing. I’m anxious to get the sump so I can get everything wet and cycling.

Onto the heart of this post…

Tank - Marineland 200g DD

Stand/Canopy - Custom - Stand is completely framed out, just trying to figure out how to skin it. Thinking about no canopy now as well.

Return Pump - Reeflo snapper/dart hybrid

Lighting - AI Sol regular x 2 / AI Sol blue x 2

Circulation - MP 40wES x 3

Skimmer - Bubble Magus NAC9

Sump/Fuge - 70g custom with a 20g top off section as well for 90g total

Controller - Undecided still

Reactors – Reef Octopus running Bio-Pellets and BRS Dual running GFO and Carbon

Heater - Finnex Deluxe Titanium 500W x 2

Rock/Sand – 100 lbs dry Key Largo, 50 lbs live Fiji and dry rubble in sump…150lbs of Marco sand

I do plan on doing a mixed reef, but leaning more towards SPS this go around. I’ll be looking for pointers on the SPS in the future.

Well, I’ll figure how to do pictures this weekend and get some posted. Let me know what everyone thinks.

Saltysailor

Dbarnes;227319 said:
Love the tank! I'll be following this thread!
Yeah I fell in love with the dimensions on the 300 DD, but that was just a bit too big for me and was stoked when I realized that they had the 200 DD.

Saltysailor

Well this will be a big update...mainly pics though.

So everything is done and ready to get wet...except the tank has a leak from the display to left overflow chamber. Aqua Imports will be out this week to do a silicone fix early this week. Then it has to dry a couple days and then it can get wet.

So looks like it will be wet this coming weekend. I'm anxious to get this thing up and running. I only have four more plumbing fittings to cement together once the leak is fixed.

Trying to figure out my new apex system. Much more difficult than I anticipated but will keep working with it.

Let me know what ya'll think and I'm open to questions and comments.

Saltysailor

Oh yeah and I entered the aquascape into this months contest. Thanks for voting.

Saltysailor

Thanks reeferpueblo. I've been working hard for a month to get it ready to go. Lots of plumbing and electrical stuff.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member

I feel like I've seen this tank before. Maybe it was just a couple hours ago lol. Looks awesome man! Glad I got to help out.

WatercolorsGuy

Nurse Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: My 200g Deep Dimension Build

That is a sweet tank and setup. Don't think I have seen a DD before. I think I have something to aim for eventually, 200-400 DD!

Saltysailor

WatercolorsGuy;232787 said:
That is a sweet tank and setup. Don't think I have seen a DD before. I think I have something to aim for eventually, 200-400 DD!
Yeah they are really sweet. Lots of depth to them.

Saltysailor

BPreefer;232818 said:
Very sweet set up! Can't wait to see with water and life.
Yeah I'm anxious too. Been too long and unknown day for Aqua Imports to come out. Hopefully next couple days.

Saltysailor

Well got the call from Aqua Imports today. They received the black silicone from Marineland today and they will be out on Thursday to fix the leak into the overflow from the tank. Then I have to wait 48 hours until I can get it wet. So it looks like Saturday evening is when it starts getting filled.

Also bought all the parts to start my saltwater mixing/water change station. I will be working on that over the next couple of days. It will be in the garage right behind the tank where most of the electronics are stored and plumbed through the wall. I'll post pics of it when I get it up in the garage.

Saltysailor

Ok so big update that should have been posted a couple weeks ago, but here we go. Aqua Imports came out and fixed the leak from the DT to the overflow. I let the silicone dry for a couple of days and then started filling with RO water, which took 3 full days to happen. Then I had a few leaks to contend with...one with the pump fitting and one with the bulkhead out of the sump. Was getting frustrated with the bulkhead leak because no matter what I did I couldn't get it to stop. Well, decided to say f-it and added salt and heat to the tank. Well wouldn't you know, that stopped the leaks.

So tank has been up and running with salt now for almost two weeks. I threw like 15 lbs of liverock in the sump and ghost fed for a couple of days. I will test for NO4 in the next couple of days to see where it is at...hopefully it will be on its way down and the trites will be through the roof.

Also received my 5 female and 1 male lyretail anthias this last weekend. They are in QT with the snowflake clowns and everyone is doing great and eating like crazy.

I'll post some pics in a few.

Geoff

MartinsReef

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Re: My 200g Deep Dimension Build

Awesome, just awesome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2