My NanoCube!

Hey everyone, long time lurker here, and I thought I would share my tank. I just downsized from a 40 Breeder to a 24 gallon nano cube. So far only the corals in the cube because I'm thinking about keeping it coral only and getting rid of the fish! But I digress. Here's some pics!
The Breeder

The New NanoCube

I can't take good pictures to save my life, but open to comments, questions, etc! Thanks for looking

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Very nice. I see a perfect spot for an easy sps like a digi or mille on top of that rock! You know you want to.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cake_Boss;313005 said:
For pics, I usually adjust the white balance for LEDs.
You can also turn the blues off for the picture and that helps a lot too.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Nice looking, and a good start. Coral only sounds interesting. Any specifics you really like most?

zombie;313009 said:
You can also turn the blues off for the picture and that helps a lot too.
Okay thanks!
SynDen;313011 said:
Nice looking, and a good start. Coral only sounds interesting. Any specifics you really like most?
Specifics of coral or the tank?
Cake_Boss;313005 said:
I'm interested in your coral only system. Please tell us more.

For pics, I usually adjust the white balance for LEDs.
Thanks for the tip! And I will be leaving to go to college in a year, and so I thought if I had a coral only system, it would be easier for my parents to take care of while I'm gone. I'm hoping it will mean less water changes, algae growth, no need for a skimmer, etc. Although I am missing the presence of a fish, especially my Potter's Angel. I'm dreading selling him.

Thank you guys for your interest!!

Cake_Boss;313020 said:
What are you going to school for?
Marketing! At least that's the plan for now!

I was spot treating some hair algae with peroxide the other day and accidentally used way more than I should have. The corals are all super mad, but seem to be recovering. Does anyone know how I could speed up their recovery? I fed the ones that would eat some mysis yesterday, but I've been hesitant to do a water change in fear of stressing them out more.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
How exactly were you using the peroxide?

SynDen;314483 said:
How exactly were you using the peroxide?
Well, I had a baster in one hand and a bottle of peroxide in the other. Terrible choice! However, everything seems to be recovering nicely. And I did add my Starcki damsel to this tank, I couldn't stand it without fish. I also added some phosban and a slim skim skimmer to help with maintenance.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Yikes! That about the worse way possible to do that, surprised they are only ****ed off an not dieing. I'd recommend doing a 25-50% water change to clear up the water a bit, and next time take them out of the tank and dip in a 50|50 solution of water and peroxide, but only do that on softies as you will kill lps and sps if you try that on them.

Yeah, it started as a spot treatment, then I kept seeing more spots lol. I'm used to my indestructible 80 gallon system that I had with my 40, as opposed to probably 18 gallons that I have here.

Just got some new coral in. Also a blue tuxedo urchin and a lettuce nudibranch. The coral includes my first sps corals ever.. a cyphastrea, montipora digitata, and montipora cap!

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
Watch your corals with that urchin (if it's the one I'm thinking of). I had one that was coral eater. Had to banish him to the sump til I found a buyer.

FinsUp!;317887 said:
Watch your corals with that urchin (if it's the one I'm thinking of). I had one that was coral eater. Had to banish him to the sump til I found a buyer.
Ah I really hope not. I did a lot of research and everything pointed to it being reef safe

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Ratchet;318689 said:
Ah I really hope not. I did a lot of research and everything pointed to it being reef safe
Every now and then they get labeled wring and the LFS thinks they are selling a different species than they actually are. Just keep an eye out.