Need some ideas on how to baby proof

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
I've been on hiatus for a while, but started getting things in my tanks back to normal after my son was born.

I am getting real close to the crawling stage since he is about to turn 6 months old now and could use some ideas on how to baby proof my tank.

Pics below of the problem areas. Left side UPS and cables where baby could grab. Right side cables that could be grabbed, reactor (could be moved to left side), dosing no longer in use will be removed, carbon GFO will be stored elsewhere. Everything else can be locked inside the cabinet with a cabinet lock.

One idea I had was to basically cover those areas with a flexible barrier like rigid plastic sheeting or use a retractable baby gate so I can easily access but keep baby away.

Any ideas? View attachment 20222 View attachment 20223

Sent from my SM-G986U using MASC mobile app

JuanGutz

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
I mean.. only thing I got for you is a gate we use to block the stairs.
Toddleroo by North States Superyard 6 Panel Baby Play Yard/Barrier with Wall Mount Kit: Create a safe play area or extra wide baby gate anywhere. 38.5" - 201" wide, 18.5 ft. enclosure (26" tall, Gray) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JGDGG23/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_XGZF421E4AVA9GQSQBVF

There’s also the screen ones, we use those and they work well too. Kids can still go under when they are at stairs but runs your tank wouldn’t be a huge problem. With either you have to screw bow end pieces into a wall though.