New Led's

MtnReefer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
Just wanted to post an FYI about these new lights I bought from China... www.ledaquagrow.com I have done a lot of research on LED's and looked at DIY builds vs. pre-built for several months. I found these lights during my research and decided to take a chance on them. They are capable of doing everything that i wanted to do in the DIY set-up plus they have a professional finished look. They were also able to custom build the let set-up to my specs. I had a 2:1 blue to white with 3W cree led's. I had 18x10k, 18x14k, 12x18k, 28x460nm, 4x427nm violets and 8x453nm moons with 60 degree lens, for 88x3watt total for my 30" deep 110 gallon tank. Downside is they didn't fit under my canopy, which was a cool aspect of the DIY, but overall they look great atop the tank. I ordered on May 2nd and they arrived on May 14th safe and sound in 2 separate packages. With a small amount of set-up i had them up and running on the tank in about 20 minutes. Instructions were decent and set-up of time and other controls was easy. There is a dimmer on the ballast box and then dimmer built into the light. There are 3 independently controlled channel through a remote. It does simulate 4 seasons and moon phases. The sunset and sunrise modes are very cool and help to give every coral their chance to shine! A day after i got the light I got the hook up from scchase (thanks Scott) on some new SPS . I acclimated everything in my tank, increasing the light from about 30% to 75% slowly over about 3 weeks. Everything survived and some of the new SPS have show some growth.
View attachment 7353 View attachment 7351 View attachment 7352

CRW Reef

Blue Whale
M.A.S.C Club Member
ex-officio
Nice I like those lights. How much did they end up being? How was the process of dealing with them via email to figure out the layout and specs you wanted? Glad to see you like them and your tank looks great.

MtnReefer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
CRW Reef;170934 said:
Nice I like those lights. How much did they end up being? How was the process of dealing with them via email to figure out the layout and specs you wanted? Glad to see you like them and your tank looks great.
They were about $700 plus shipping. I had a great experience dealing with them. Even had a follow-up email about a week after i received them to ask how they were working. I can share his contact if you'd like. Prices would be cheaper if a group buy were arranged, maybe through this club......

kmellon

Butterfly Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Looks good, but the pics seem to show only one over your tank. what were the dimensions and what is the digital display on the end for?

MtnReefer

Amphipod
M.A.S.C Club Member
kmellon;170944 said:
Looks good, but the pics seem to show only one over your tank. what were the dimensions and what is the digital display on the end for?
It's approx 48"x 12" The display is a clock that also is the controller for the sunrise, sunset, and individual channel brightness. Came with a hanging kit or feet. I used the feet on my tank with the 60 degree optics.