New Tank Build- From Scratch. Step by step. All things considered

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
Picts! So this is just of the corals types and Anems I have under the Leds day 1. The picts seem to lose some of the floresing i do see without the camera but not much. They just don't seem to pop. So my million dollar question is do they gradually build up some of this floresing effect? I always thought it was simply the lights I was using not bringing out the effect. Now with led's I see the same with as I did with the supplemental powercompacts in 420 and 460nm range. A bit more, but not much. Do they gradually start putting on a better display?
[attachment=62422:name] I don't know what these are. Dont even know if it is zoa or paly. I am trying to kill a taro or kenia tree on the plate.

[attachment=62423:name] my Ritteri, or Heteractis Magnifica. Just came in but don't have any lights sufficent on qt tank.

[attachment=62424:name] My branching frogspawn. I can't tell if I am getting new branches or if some are unhappy. Counting the stalks and watching. They have what looks like new stalks with little stubs starting to come out that looks a lot like the rest when he shrinks down back into the base.

[attachment=62425:name] This is my mind blowing paly. I do get green flores at the eyes that does not come accross in the pic but still looks nothing like it did when it blew my mind away the day i bought him. This is why I raise the ? that they build up the chemical reaction that makes them flores more when under better lighting? Or is it a variation of my led settings and %?

[attachment=62426:name] Again, don't know what this is nor if aly or zoa. He does not flores at all. Just this ugly brown any setting. I don't get it. This one may have looked like this at the lfs when I bought him. A regret but good first coral with hena kenya tree or what ever it is called.

have to post to add more pics

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
[attachment=62427:name] This is the pearl bubble. He seems to be half asleep under these lights. Shrinks up a lot in dark and puffs up in the lights. Under new lights, least at this setting he is half between. He does not flores but his green and pearl colors don't show up on pict well. hmm..underwater disposable camera? could be fund to test with. perhaps it has been done.

[attachment=62428:name]My rose BTA. I got him from Elite happy with the price. He had come out of the pvc and moved up to a shelf but it became unstable and I had to move him. He climbed all the way up the tank and when down the overflow and was in my sock. I was checking on him frequently and found him (and my male clown) quickly. He is recovering quickly and looks great but still needs some more bubble in his tenticals. He has not moved out yet.

[attachment=62429:name]My Carpet. As you can see he already bleached out. Dumb thing went under the rock and of course couldn't get enough light. Trying to get him back to par and this is one reason I want to get the lighting up high quickly without harming the rest. I cannot move him as he is still super sticky and that would be damaging but also he would just go back to the bottom likely under rocks again. To bad I can't raise just the lights over him and not the rest.

Currenlty only running the 2 scheudles. I changed the times and % of them and can get more fancy with it later. I am running the following.
t1 7:30am 15 33 26 30min ramp no lunar no storm crap.
t2 7:45pm 1 2 3 30 min ramp yes lunar.

I got a bunch of new rocks from the local landscaping place. All Free. They have bins of chunks they give out and pieces on the floor. For dead rock to give some shelfs. Not sure on the sandstone yet but the cortite or whatever its called seems will be fine.

[attachment=62430:name]

a current snapshot now that I can put a canopy on.

[attachment=62431:name]

skebo

Blenny
M.A.S.C Club Member
dvenson;190952 said:
I would be careful about using that rock it could leech some nasty stuff out.
The sandstone? which rock? I am still looking into the sandstone but the corzite should be ok from what I read. Need input, please your 2cents.... and on above coral flores under led's building up color?