M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
pm sent :)

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Balz3352;292416 said:
. 9 g wow I'd like to see this thread
This will be the smallest Pico I have attempted but I am pretty confident that I'll be able to pull it off. I kept a 3 gallon Pico healthy for two years before it crashed. I plan on simplicity and minimal equipment to keep it easy. Hopefully it's wet soon.

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
Its a very interesting challenge at that size, look forward to seeing it develop

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
That's usually the biggest battle with picos. When I had my 3 gallon I knew how often I needed to top off and how much my salinity would swing. I did manual top offs for the first 6 months and then made an auto top off for it which was the best thing I ever did. I think I am going to try a gravity fed ato on this tank.

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;292430 said:
anxious to see this build.
At least you are, crystal on the other hand...not so much lol. I need you to rub some of your tank love off on her. I think her working at the lfs ruined it for her.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
:rofl:
You might be right... nuthin' like working at an LFS to get burned out on the hobby.
Distract her with sparkly things.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
I did a 3/4 gallon pico reef at my work. Had some sexy shrimp and a few corals. Keeping salinity was a biotch on that thing. I turned it into a planted

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;292493 said:
I did a 3/4 gallon pico reef at my work. Had some sexy shrimp and a few corals. Keeping salinity was a biotch on that thing. I turned it into a planted
Yeah I plan on keeping a few very easy corals and a couple sexy shrimp. I'm working on an ato as we speak.

ReefCheif

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
USe a water bottle for your ATO. Youve seen those automatic dog and cat water dishes that use gravity to feed the water, do the same thing with a small water bottle, works great, Its how i set up the ATO on the biocube!

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
FinsUp!;292838 said:
yeah, you've got him fired up to do a pico.
Ha ha I dont. It was a slimy mess and smelled too bad for me to clean it out after it crashed. I wouldn't be opposed to selling the .9 gallon though. After today I'm not sure when I'm going to be able to get it wet. I'd rather it go to someone that will set it up.