Our first vist to Aquatic Arts

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
We thought it'd be fun to check out even though it was a long haul. Really amazing place and worth the distance to go back to as I am sure many of you know. I understand that their main business is in maintaining systems and creating awesome tanks for people and not the retail end, but owner is just as attentive and good to people coming for a few frags and fish as someone who commands a high dollar set up.

Business was so well run - organized, clean great stock, we felt really good about getting livestock there. I hope other new-to-hobby people will check out as many stores as possible. It is good to know where the best prices are on dry goods, but also where you are best off in getting a good deal on the things you want to thrive. I am keeping a record of all locations we got corals and fish from so I can see how they do over time.

Oh, and owner was willing to look at some pics and ID something in our tank that he said was an invasive nem an so we took them out - really owe him for that.

aztecdreams

Bat Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
Cris is a great guy. AA is my favorite place, just glad it's on the other side of town. Otherwise I would be spending a lot of time there

J.guokas

Cleaner Shrimp
M.A.S.C Club Member
Still never been but I hear only good things about cris and his store. Hoping to make it up there this month.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;317036 said:
Cris is a great guy. AA is my favorite place, just glad it's on the other side of town. Otherwise I would be spending a lot of time there

Ditto that! Glad it is not just down the street :)

Cris has a very nice setup and collection of awesome corals!great guy to deal with!i try to make it down there atleast once a month to see what's new..

AA is magnificent love that place

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
J.guokas;317043 said:
Still never been but I hear only good things about cris and his store. Hoping to make it up there this month.
How have you never been to this place yet??

Take a LOT of money with you, because you're going to want everything.

FishTV

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
aztecdreams;317036 said:
That's the truth!

SynDen

Administrator
Staff member
M.A.S.C Club Member
M.A.S.C. B.O.D.
M.A.S.C President
M.A.S.C Webmaster
AA is like crack, and always gets me in trouble with the wife, but that is because their stuff is always amazing and I can never say no. Plus you always have to buy at least 3 corals.

ThatsDeep!

Clown Fish
M.A.S.C Club Member
SynDen;317224 said:
AA is like crack, and always gets me in trouble with the wife, but that is because their stuff is always amazing and I can never say no. Plus you always have to buy at least 3 corals.
Maybe Kip and I need to hire a "wife" to bring with since we are both so into this hobby-lol! Really I feel like we spent very little for what we got, and the zoas are already growing even though I take them off the plugs right away and Kip got the best hairy mushroom we have ever seen in captivity [thanks to another MASC member for agreeing that it was a good choice] and it looks more like a giant nem. I am going to suggest that my nephew have them set him up with a fine system and maintain it.

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
Thanks all! We appreciate your business and hope to continue to exceed your expectations in the future.

Also thanks to you and Kip for making the long drive down and I am glad we were able to trouble shoot some things in your reef to hopefully make it better. Yes we were built with our service side of the business in mind but times are changing! We have been working on our retail side of the business and will continue to strive for the best selection, price and service in town. I know reefers here in Colorado have good choices, and some bad ones around, but we want to be on the good list. We also strive to keep our prices low and quality and cleanliness high.

Be sure to let us know if you need anything or if you just want to come in and hang out and discuss some reefkeeping!

Cris and Crew.

LeviK

SCMAS Board Members
S.C.M.A.S BOD
My wife Sonia and I had a great time at our first visit to Aquatic Art and will be back for sure. Tons of awesome corals at super awesome prices. Do not be confused there is a coral for any budget here. I need to work out a coral allowance with my wife as I want everything in the store lol.

zombie

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
Hoosier Daddy;319412 said:
Yes Aquatic Arts is top notch!! Plus you can use your Masc discount there for even more savings.
My heart is right there with you, but my wallet disagrees. I somehow cant leave there spending less than $200. I leave with tons of nice coral, but its like they have a voodoo witch in there or something whispering "buy me...no buy me too...no buy all of us" lol.

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
zombie;319416 said:
My heart is right there with you, but my wallet disagrees. I somehow cant leave there spending less than $200. I leave with tons of nice coral, but its like they have a voodoo witch in there or something whispering "buy me...no buy me too...no buy all of us" lol.
It's the coral pheromones.