Photos taken at Aquatic Art

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#21
Thanks for the feedback Seth and Cindy. I appreciate it. I will talk to Cris about doing a side by side pic. Only problem there is the extra time involved but if it helps sell them, then great!

Seth, I will get you a price on that frag and could bring it up to you if you want it. I am working today and tomorrow.
 

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
#22
heck yah! Grab me a price on that. I always need more sticks!
 

DyM

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#24
Set yourself apart and include the lighting, flow, total gallon, skimmer, and other equipment used to house these corals. Good thing is once you document it, it pays dividens.... Also, I like when a page, for example sps page, has a hundred items, has an option to view all, and not have to scroll through 5 pages, just to loose track of what page you saw a coral on.

If you have pics of the mother colony, it helps a buyer see how it looks when it grows up. like this: http://harrysfrags.com/frag.aspx?cat=Seriatopora&frag=ORA Green Bird's Nest use those beautiful display tanks as an asset.

I really like live aquaria/ diver den's set up of wysiwyg, and once purchased, it is removed from the site right away.

the following are good sites:

http://www.aquascapers.com/

http://www.coralbiome.com/

http://www.barrierreefaquariums.com...=h&ProdSort=0&page=6&idCategory=4&viewAll=yes

http://www.jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/category_s/52.htm

http://www.atlantisaquarium.net/

http://www.tidalgardens.com/sps_small_polyp_stony_corals_s/1844.htm


http://cultivatedreef.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=19_1&sort=20a&page=3

http://www.lecorals.com/

http://livestock.aquasd.com/
 

jda123

Dolphin
M.A.S.C Club Member
#25
I am a macro guy, and I know that this is very hard... but you might consider, if you can, to show the base in focus as well to show if the coral is fresh cut or starting to encrust.
 

Munch

Reef Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
#26
Damn, you're right, PITA to get a clear shot. I've never photoed sticks... Zoas are a lot easier :)

There's gotta be some better technique...

I did a quick free-hand shot, and it's not great:

 

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#27
sethsolomon;268293 said:
heck yah! Grab me a price on that. I always need more sticks!
$35
 

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#28
DyM;268300 said:
Set yourself apart and include the lighting, flow, total gallon, skimmer, and other equipment used to house these corals. Good thing is once you document it, it pays dividens.... Also, I like when a page, for example sps page, has a hundred items, has an option to view all, and not have to scroll through 5 pages, just to loose track of what page you saw a coral on.

If you have pics of the mother colony, it helps a buyer see how it looks when it grows up. like this: http://harrysfrags.com/frag.aspx?cat=Seriatopora&frag=ORA Green Bird's Nest use those beautiful display tanks as an asset.
Thanks, we were planning on showing some pics of the mother colonies and adding descriptions of the items including lighting, flow, etc.

I will check out those sites you listed too. Thanks.
 

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#29
jda123;268339 said:
I am a macro guy, and I know that this is very hard... but you might consider, if you can, to show the base in focus as well to show if the coral is fresh cut or starting to encrust.
it is very difficult to keep the corals in focus from top to base. Also, the lens we are using is an 18mm-55mm instead of a macro lens. This too makes it even more difficult because I can't get too close to the corals.
 

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#30
Munch;268350 said:
Damn, you're right, PITA to get a clear shot. I've never photoed sticks... Zoas are a lot easier :)

There's gotta be some better technique...

I did a quick free-hand shot, and it's not great:
ya sticks are really hard to get right. I am trying a bunch of different things to get the acros right, but I think I need to try some new lenses perhaps.
 

sethsolomon

Hammerhead Shark
M.A.S.C Club Member
#31
Munch;268350 said:
Damn, you're right, PITA to get a clear shot. I've never photoed sticks... Zoas are a lot easier :)

There's gotta be some better technique...

I did a quick free-hand shot, and it's not great:


What is this acro?
 

Shaunv

Sting ray
M.A.S.C Club Member
#33
jda123;268361 said:
Try shooting with it at 18mm at infinity focus and cropping the acro from the larger pic.
Thanks for the tip. I will try that tomorrow.
 

crisc

Tang
M.A.S.C Club Member
Platinum Sponsor
#34
Thanks for all of the replies and feedback! We had a meeting with the web developer today and have quite a few things ironed out. Hopefully by next week we will be up and running.

I have been buying corals online for a long time and some of those sights listed are favorites of mine as well.

How do these photos grade out?





 

FinsUp

According to my watch, the time is now.
M.A.S.C Club Member
#35
those look excellent, Chris. The first one looks a little blue, but the third one looks spot on.
 
Top